Chapter 30

"Happy Valentine's Day!" shouted Alice, walking into Amelia's room and waking her up with a start. Amelia took a few moments to calm herself down.

"Please don't kill her, Alice," said Rosalie, walking into the room.

"Happy Valentine's Day," yawned Amelia when her heart beat normalised again.

"You too, little sis. We have a surprise for you but you're only going to find out what it is after school."

"No fair, Allie!"

After morning physio, the trio walked downstairs. Amelia greeted everyone and walked into the kitchen to pour herself some cereal. A small pile of chocolates sat next to her bowl.

"Thanks guys," she called.

"In theory, chocolate is not good for Diabetes, but you need to eat as normal a diet as possible because of your CF," explained Edward, simply to annoy her.

"I need the extra calories," replied Amelia, reminding Edward that if anyone in the family was an expert on CF, it would be her, the patient.

"Hence we didn't go overboard and only got you a few choccies," Alice broke in brightly.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby girl," squealed Esme, bouncing into the kitchen with a soft toy. She swept Amelia up into her arms and held her tightly.

"You too, Mom," replied Amelia, sighing happily. Carlisle gave her a hug as well. They presented her with a teddy bear with hearts all over it. Amelia was thrilled.

---

After orchestra practice, Amelia and Daniella made their way to class. Mr Mason was clearly a hopeless romantic and dressed in red and white from top to toe. He serenaded his students with chocolates and love poems. Amy, Blythe and Amelia laughed the entire lesson at his silliness. It was certainly amusing. Music class was also a fun affair, with the students playing random love songs on their respective instruments and listening to some of their favourite musicians perform. By the time lunch time arrived, there was utter pandemonium in the cafeteria. Earlier in the week, students had been allowed to purchase roses for each other and write a note, which was to be delivered during lunch time on Valentine's Day.

Amelia and Blythe arrived at the cafeteria first. Blythe had a thermos flask with her. The two of them grinned knowingly. Daniella, Amy and Narcisse raced to get themselves some food before the roses were handed out. The five of them exchanged chocolates, bursting into gales of laughter when they realised that they had all purchased the same things for each other. Each of the girls had purchased a soft toy for Amelia, unsure whether or not chocolate and Diabetes were a good match.

"Thanks guys." Amelia giggled madly as she arranged her stuffed animals in a circle.

"Alright sophomores, it's your turn now to get some roses!" called one of the senior girls who was in charge of the roses. The girls straightened.

"Dani Westsmythe," she called. Daniella danced up to get hers. A few more names were called up, then Narcisse and Amy. Even Blythe got called up. All of the girls had 4 red roses each, as they had all bought roses for each other.

"And lastly, we have Amelia Cullen. Mia, are you here?" called the senior. Amelia stood up and the senior walked towards her with her stash of roses, "Happy Valentine's Day Mia."

"Thank you so much," she replied.

"Whoa, Mia! You have eight roses!" exclaimed Daniella.

"Huh?"