Chapter 35

"Hey Mia!" called Seth cheerfully, jumping off the porch to come and help his friend out of the car. They had not seen each other since the movie day, and had not had the opportunity to spend much time together. Edward, Bella and Renesmee had driven down to the reservation and brought Amelia and Blythe with them. Jacob had been bothering them about bringing her to meet the pack. Jacob and Sam had put aside their differences and recreated their large pack, with Jacob at the helm as true alpha of the pack. The tension of the previous year and a half had all but dissipated. Certain aspects of the treaty remained intact, but the Cullens and the Quileutes felt enough at ease with each other to move about freely on each other's land. The Cullens would never consider hunting on Quileute land, and the Quileutes trusted that they wouldn't.

"Hey Seth," grinned Amelia, hugging her friend and then turning to Blythe, "this is Blythe Casper, she's a friend of ours."

"I've heard a lot about you, Blythe. It's great to meet you at last, Nessie has been speaking about you loads," grinned Seth, immediately giving Blythe a hug. The fact that the Cullens and Alair, and now Blythe as well, were vampires had never bothered him. Edward had remarked more than once that Seth had one of the purest souls he had ever encountered.

"It's lovely to meet you, Seth," replied Blythe sincerely. Neither of them seemed to be affected by the scents that the other was so powerfully exuding. Bella, Edward and Renesmee walked towards Charlie and Sue, who had also tagged along and were exchanging pleasantries. Amelia and Blythe followed Seth into Billy's house. It was easier to all meet up there as Billy was in a wheelchair and Amelia would not be able to walk to Sam and Emily's house either.

"Hey guys, this is Mia Theodore, and her friend, Blythe," announced Seth, as he walked up onto the porch where the others were standing around. Leah came up to Amelia and also gave her a hug. She was fond of the sickly young girl.

"Good to see you again, Mia," she said with a smile.

"Likewise, Leah," replied Amelia.

"Mia, this is Billy Black, Jacob's father, and one of the elders of the tribe," said Seth, gesturing to Billy. Amelia and Blythe both shook Billy's hand and bobbed their head downwards in respect.

"It's lovely to meet you, Chief Black," said Amelia. Blythe echoed the sentiment.

"Welcome girls. It's great to finally meet you, Amelia Grace. Young Renesmee had been speaking of you a lot. And it is lovely to meet you too, Blythe," the wizened chief spoke, grasping each girl's hand.

"This is my mother, Sue Clearwater, and of course, you know our esteemed police chief, Chief Swan," continued Seth.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Charlie?" groaned Charlie as Sue smiled serenely at the human and vampire in front of her, "hello Blythe."

"Hello Chief Swa- Charlie," Blythe corrected herself when she caught sight of the look on Charlie's face. She couldn't help but laugh.

"This is Sam and Emily, Jared, Paul, Quil and Embry," concluded Seth, pointing out everyone else in the room, "there are more of us, but the little ones are busy doing homework. Oh, and I'm Seth," he pointed to himself.

"Don't be a goofball, Seth!" Leah exclaimed, throwing a cushion at her younger brother. The assortment of humans, vampires and shapeshifters made themselves comfortable and spent a few enjoyable hours on the reservation, getting to know each other better and welcoming Amelia to their family. It was clear at the end of the afternoon that Amelia was well-liked by the pack, and had a dozen more people to add to her list of people to call should she ever need help. She got on especially well with Emily, scarcely noticing the scars that run down her face. Amelia thoroughly enjoyed herself, although it was obvious that she was exhausted when she fell asleep in the car on the way home.