Chapter 69

"Carlisle, are you one hundred percent sure about this?" Blythe's voice echoed over the phone line, "Ugh this line is bad."

"Yes, Blythe, we are dead certain. And my apologies, this is a hospital after all," Carlisle's voice held a note of amusement.

"Hilarious, really now. You made a pun. Wow," Blythe's voice was dripping with sarcasm, muttering something about 'Dad Jokes'.

"I like to think that I am a funny guy," teased Carlisle, leaning back into his office chair and spinning around, facing the window. He was at work. It was almost soothing for him to be there, he was truly in his element helping people.

"Does Amelia know?"

"We have not yet told her. Alice thought you may wish to surprise her."

"May I surprise her then?"

"Go right ahead. When does your plane land?"

"Ten past nine on Wednesday evening. I have sent the details to your work email."

"That is in two days' time. Have you shipped your belongings across yet?" queried Carlisle, opening up his email application and waiting for it to refresh, "okay, got it."

"They took it this morning. It should arrive tomorrow afternoon sometime. I had it express sent."

"Alice says it will, but we will keep you posted. We will come and fetch you from the airport," he stated as he sent the document to the printer.

"You really do not have to do that," Blythe stated.

"It is no bother. We will be in Seattle anyway because Amelia has a rehearsal with the orchestra for her concert."

"It is on Saturday right?"

"Yes it is. Alice nearly had a coronary when she realised that Amelia does not have a fancy dress to wear when she performs."

"That sounds like Alice," Blythe chuckled, "suits and ball dresses. I'm glad they have kept up with the tradition."

"Interestingly, she is holding back because she had seen one of the orchestra players helping Amelia out with it. They will find a dress on Wednesday evening I believe. We're staying at the Kremlin again on Tuesday evening. Amelia wants to see her old house as well. If time permits, we might be able to go this time."

"How is she holding out, Carlisle?" Blythe's voice had a hint of concern.

"Amelia is alright, but she is starting to decline. I don't know how much longer it will be until it becomes unbearable for all of us. She had a date with that wretched human yesterday."

"I heard all about it," Blythe snickered, recalling the email that she had received from Amelia that morning detailing the events of the previous afternoon's date, "I believe you, Emmett and Rose were eavesdropping."

"Ahem, yes, well, uh, it was, uh, necessary to, uh, ensure that Amelia's health was up to scratch," stuttered Carlisle. Blythe roared with laughter.

"Look at you, all protective over your baby girl," she cooed, "I never thought I'd see the day where Doctor Carlisle Robert Cullen went into protective father mode."

"You should have seen him, Blythe. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed," stated Esme, entering Carlisle's office after knocking. She walked over to him and gave him a kiss.

"Hey Esme," she greeted.

"Hello sweetheart. Are you all ready to hop the pond again? Your room is almost ready, we have had a hard time trying to keep Amelia distracted. The paint fumes keep setting her off. Alice has told her that she is redecorating the music room but I don't think she buys it."