hospital scare

Sherlock:

"What?!" You almost screamed into the phone as John tried to keep you calm. "You just told me that Sherlock's in emergency theater after being shot and you expect me to be calm? I'll be right there!" 

*1 week later*

"Y/N I'm fine, seriously!" Sherlock brushed your hand away from his cheek irritably. "You were shot for goodness sake! Shutup and let me look after you!" He smiled and started playing with your hands, "Well, you know you love me?" You kissed his cheek and muttered, "Unfortunately so." 

"Could you get me some water? Maybe." Rolling your eyes you stood up and left the room heading straight for the machine. On the way back you bumped into John and Lestrade. "Y/N! You're still here with him then?" Frowning, you concentrated on not spilling your cup, "Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Well, his first word after he woke up was 'Mary." Greg reminded the both of you and John slapped his arm, possibly a little harder than necessary. Pushing the door open you laughed but once the room came into view fully, the cup slipped from your fingers. "Oh my God." You whispered through slightly cold lips. The bed was empty and the window open. 

John:

Running yet another red light, you openly cursed the traffic. Lestrade had told you to hurry to the hospital and check on John but when you pulled up he wasn't IN the hospital he was standing outside it, bundled up in his coat to keep him from the cold. "John, are you okay? What happened?" Rushing from the car, you enveloped him in a hug. "I'm fine, Y/N, why are you so worried it's only flu." Releasing him, you studied his face closely to check for injuries, "That's not what Greg said!"

"What DID Greg say?" Sighing, you lead him to the passenger side, "To hurry down here and check on you." He chuckled throatily, "I've only been sent home with the flu!" 

Mycroft:

Swinging your legs, you sat on the edge of the hospital bed. "So? Am I going to have to stay or can I go before my boyfriend finds out and rushes down here, disrupting all the peace?" The doctor checking you over laughed and turned back to fill out paperwork. "I reckon you can go home as long as you rest and don't do any strenuous activities." A sigh of relief burst from your body and caused you to giggle slightly. "Thank God!" At this point the door burst open, almost flying off it's hinges. "Y/N? Are you okay?" You glanced over, "I'm fine Mycroft." He turned to the doctor. "You're not our usual doctor. Nevermind. What's wrong with her?" It was almost as if he was in shock, except you were the one who was meant to be going through shock, not him. "She had a nasty fall, Mr," He checked the paperwork, "Holmes, she's well enough to go home so long as she doesn't overwork herself." Mycroft turned to you and wrapped you in his arms. "Well that settles it. You can come stay with me for a while."

Lestrade:

Greg was refilling his coffee cup and chatting with Sergeant. Donovan when they got the call and every one in his division jumped into action. "We're going to get them this time, boss, I know it!" Sally and Greg strolled through the doors and almost instantaneously there were men over, briefing them of the beforehand events. Meanwhile, his phone was constantly going off in his pocket and in the end he gave in and checked it. Several texts from both Sherlock and John telling him to call back as soon as possible. As he was about to lock it and put it away another one came through from John, insisting this was literally a life and death matter and if he didn't answer soon then someone would be dead. Sighing, he pulled up his friends number. "Hello?" 

"GREG!" There was a lot of background noise, sounded like gunshots, "Greg, two seconds." What sounded like an explosion and him shouting at someone to get down. "Sherlock's been shot, I only have one gun and-" He cut off suddenly to swear loudly at whoever wasn't getting down. Lestrade could only hear snippets of the conversation. "Get back here....you can't go out there!....Y/N...oh my God..Y/N! Y/N, can you hear me?!" Greg stiffened, "John, John! Where are you?" Once he had the address he sent maximum backup and later berated you, John and Sherlock on your involvement in their cases before forbidding you to go on anymore. Sherlock messaged you later letting you know that you were still welcome to accompany them and you could sometimes come in handy. 

Moriarty:

"Sebastian Moran, you tell me where she is or so help I will be finding another sniper." Jim held the gun to his friends head and clicked off the safety. "Calm down boss, she's only in hospital." 

"Hospital? What? Why?!" Sebastian grinned, "We had an argument about who was the best when it came to working for you and she went off trying to prove how macho she was." Jim Moriarty sighed but lowered the gun, "Right I'd better go and find her." Hurrying towards the door he collected his car keys and some spare change on the way, planning on buying you flowers and some chocolate. "Oh and next time Seb, don't argue with your little sister about pleasing me because she will ALWAYS win."