His birthday

Sherlock:
You had to roll out of bed extra early to beat this early bird to the worm. Sherlock was never keen on sleeping longer than the sun did, thus it didn't leave you long to surprise him at his most vulnerable. Well, 2nd most vulnerable, 1st being a whole different bedroom matter.

  So you set your alarm for a good few hours before his and stumbled into the dark living room with a sleep-addled brain.

You hadn't quite realised the feat of the task at hand before that moment but nevertheless, you shouldered the responsibility. Setting out his slippers and his robe. Preparing his cup and filling the kettle with water in preparation for the noises of him moving about in the bedroom. Having to clear the living room table and move everything back to it's rightful place so you could place his presents atop it.

Clearing the table alone took just under an hour.

Then you began to quietly move about in the kitchen, gathering all the ingredients needed for a special, but small keeping in mind his current aversion to food, breakfast.

Whilst everything cooked, you swept open the curtains in the main room and opened the windows a crack the let some air into the dusty room.

Keeping a constant eye on the food, you began to clear up bits and pieces in preparation for the small party that was happening later in the day. Just his closest friends, nothing big and spectacular as you knew he wouldn't comfortable be with it. Just the people that you knew he secretly cared about.

Finally, just as you were dishing up, he made a move down the hallway. You had cleared the kitchen table of all the experiments that you knew weren't needed and left a few well alone.

So as he came into view, sleepy and adorably confused, you were just placing the two plates on the kitchen table and smiled up at him.

"Good morning, handsome." His frown was slowly dissipating as he clocked why you weren't beside him when he woke up.

"You know," His voice was still gravelly from sleep, "I love waking up to that smile every morning."

You blushed under his unexpected and rare compliment before retrieving his robe from where you had hung it on the back of his chair and helped him into it.

Afterwards you gestured towards the slippers and the chair before rounding the table and sitting with your own breakfast.

"I wanted to do something special but knew that you weren't one for big gestures so..." You trailed off in favour of simply motioning around you to show him what you meant.

"Yes. It's perfect, thankyou. Everything you've done since I first saw you on that crime scene has been perfect."

Once breakfast was finished and he thanked you yet again for making him a cup of tea and leaving the important experiments alone, you led him into the living room and showed him the pile of presents you had chose for him. "I trust you picked well?"

"Well I picked you didn't I?" 

John:
It was 10 minutes to midnight which meant 10 minutes to John's birthday. He had already gone upstairs to bed, having said goodnight at around 11, leaving you to get ready for the next morning.

You had decided that, rather than wake up early to prepare everything, you would simply not go to bed until it was done.

Stupid idea, really, but well worth the look on his face when he came downstairs the next morning.

"Sweetheart, this is amazing!" When he took a break from admiring the decorations to admire you instead, his face crumpled, confused. "Did you get any sleep at all?"