Anyone for a bouquet? (Greg Lestrade)

( @Magic_and_books sorry if this isn't what you had in mind, or if it's terrible XD, but I hope you like it! xx)
((Found that pic and immediately thought of this chapter 😊))

It was The Morning. The most important morning of your life. The one morning that you had to look your absolute best because this was the morning that you married Gregory Lestrade. You still can't believe your luck that he chose you. You fell for him the moment you saw him. Literally. "Up, up, up! You're getting married today!" Your mother interrupted your thoughts and proceeded to throw the curtains open whilst balancing a tray full of breakfast. "I still can't believe my baby girl is all grown up." You groaned slightly but accepted her hug and will admit to crying a little into her shoulder. "Oh! Mary and Molly are downstairs, they've come to help out." The excitement came bubbling through your stomach not leaving room for nerves to play a part just yet.

*****

There he was. Your handsome man. Greg was waiting at the end of the aisle, tears in his eyes too and a look of utter amazement on his face. It was obvious to anyone that looked that you two absolutely adored each other. Your dad walked you down towards him, guests gushing either side about how cute you two were and whispering the last congratulations before it became official, but you only had eyes for the most important man in your life. Gently, you took each others hands and held your locked gazes as the room fell into a hush.

*****

"So, uh, I think, seeing as I am your Maid Of Honor, I feel I am obligated to discuss how you two lovebirds first met. But first, a toast to the happy couple!" A blush rode up your cheeks as you sat in the center table clinging to your new husbands arm and cheers and wolf whistles echoed around you thanks to Mary's speech starter. All of this was of course followed by your mother sniffling again. "So," Mary cleared her throat, "the story of how you two met. It was of course all thanks to me..."

*Flashback*

John and Mary were adorable, that was all you could say about this entire wedding. They were meant to be, just glancing at the two of them could tell you that. The entire thing had been spectacular and Mary looked wonderful in her dress. All this plus the fact that a certain silver fox of a man had been catching your eye all night added up to a raging success. As everyone exited the building's doors and made their way out onto the patio Mary suddenly stopped and waved the bouquet high above her head. That was it, that was the signal that she was going to throw it. She spun around and you kept your eyes glued to her, calculating exactly where it would be thrown. If there was any fault in your system it would be that you were especially competitive when it came to the silliest things. Like this. You were determined to get that bouquet.

The silver haired man had joined you at your side but you didn't notice him, too busy to be distracted by pretty boys in that moment. Then she did it. The bouquet flew high and you reached for it. Scratch that, you lunged for the bunch of flowers. You did it! You had them wrapped in your hand! However, you did not calculate the fact that lunging made it hard to land on your feet and had to pretty much accept the fact that you were falling. Except there was never impact. You risked a glance and found kind brown eyes, and smokey, grey hair. He had caught you. "Well, since your already falling for me," He sounded breathless and he plucked the flowers out of your hand before righting you, "Mind getting married?" There were wolf whistles and cooing surrounding the two of you as you laughed in disbelief at this smooth man.

*end*

"And she agreed! Kind of, she agreed to after they dated for at least a year and here we are. Look at them, they are meant to be and nothing will ever come between them. I don't think she'll let it after having to risk her dignity just to get his attention. As I said, this was mostly because of me and the fact that Gregory Lestrade is the master of flirting."

Greg laughed slightly at that before kissing you on the head and smiling lovingly down at his wife who's face was currently buried in his arm.