Pregnant

(Warning: there is mention of not being able to conceive a child, this may be a sensitive subject. Everything ends up fine though)

Sherlock:
You weren't sure how to tell him. He seemed to be getting a lot more comfortable with your relationship and even went as far as to occasionally embrace you in public. Would it ultimately ruin your relationship if he found out that there were two lines on the pregnancy test that you had taken in secret? Would he be able to tell before you announced it to him anyway? He was pretty damn smart.

Eventually, you vacated the bathroom and sat staring into space on the sofa with a cup of tea. "Sherlock! Slow down!" John's voice sounded mildly annoyed as two sets.of footsteps ascended the stairs towards the flat. "But don't you see John! It's been right there all along! We just need Y/n to-" He cut himself off suddenly upon entering and finding you brooding on the couch. "Y/n?" Sherlock's voice, for the first time ever, was filled with uncertainty. You simply blinked in response.

You were vaguely aware of John motioning for Sherlock to go into the kitchen. Still, you didn't try to listen to their lowered voices or work out what they were saying. It seemed like you didn't need to anyway because, shortly, they both came back in with tea and sat down, joining you in silence. Now it was the three of you sat in silence in 221b.

Deep down you knew that you should respond, kick yourself back into animation. They had a case to solve and all you could do was argue back and forth in your own mind. What would he say if he knew that somehow the two of you had been reckless enough to allow this to happen? You didn't want to break it off just yet. Especially now that you had a little life growing inside you. A smile quirked it's way onto your face as you pictured a future with both Sherlock and children. Could that be a reality?

You started from your reverie as another set of footstep made their way up the stairs. Heavy, confident. Mycroft. It was indeed Sherlock's big brother that pushed the door open. "Good evening, Sherlock. Dr.Watson, Miss.Y/l/n." You could only stare vacantly in response, to which Mycroft raised an eyebrow. "Anyway, brother dearest, we have yet another case of great importance that once again requires legwork. Your forté I do believe." Sherlock glanced once more at you, "No."
"Why?"
"I already have a case."
"Take this one afterwards."
"No!"
"Why?"
"I don't want to." Back and forth they bickered, climbing your nerves more and more. You found yourself growing annoyed with each breath they took. A huge headache had suddenly descended upon you and you just wanted Mycroft out and the silence back. Normally, he wasn't too bad. The both of you got along. However today he was oddly irritating. "Mycroft. Finish the argument and leave." After a couple of seconds of staring your way, a soft noise of realisation left him. "That's why you don't want the case." Sherlock seemed to be growing swiftly irritated as well, "What?"
"You have a baby on the way."

You grew deathly pale as Sherlock spluttered at his brother, claiming him to be an imbecile and threatening to get Mrs.Hudson to kick him out. Finally, your boyfriend looked at you and his mouth snapped shut. The feeling of his eyes raking over you, deducing you, became apparent. "Are you really?" He demanded gently. All you could do was nod. When you finally looked up he was grinning ear to ear and approaching you for an embrace.

John:
It was early morning, the birds had only just began chirping and you were sitting anxiously on the edge of your bath. You had nipped out late the night before to grab yourself three pregnancy tests and figured it was best to do this in secret so you could be certain before getting John's hopes up. That's why you had woken up early to do it. Last night was movie night so there was no chance to get it done then.

As the anxiety gnawed at you, the minutes counted down and every noise seemed to get ten times louder. A million questions chased eachother round your head. What if he didn't want a baby? Did you want a baby? What would happen to your lives if neither of you wanted it?