DINNER?

John

(Out of context)

I ran. I didn't even think it through, I just went running towards the man with the gun as he aimed it towards a cluster of families. "Stop right there!" By the time he turned to face me, my gun was out, cocked and ready to fire with my finger on the trigger. "And who are you?" A smirk found it's way onto my face. "Your worst nightmare. Now drop the gun." He laughed to himself and shook his head, "I'm afraid I can't do that. You see, this is how it's supposed to end. Boss says so." I raised my eyebrow, "Boss? Who's your boss?" As he opened his mouth there was a loud squealing sound as sirens came to a stop just behind him. "Uh oh, looks like you're out of time. Buh bye." In a fit of rage, he pulled the trigger as he was tackled to the ground, sending the bullet away and missing everybody by miles. A tall man with a big coat and small man with a brown leather jacket came strolling onto the scene as Lestrade cornered me. "Why the hell are YOU here?"
"Well the clues seemed to point down here, and whilst I just shrugged it off at first, I did need to do shopping so I came down here and I had a feeling something was going to happen and so I planted myself between the families and the gun."
"You knew that he was coming here?"
"Well yes what I miscalculated was the time, quite honestly." He ran a hand over his face as the two men came strolling over. "Sherlock Holmes, nice to meet you, now did I hear that correctly?" Lestrade nodded. "Perhaps all of your officers aren't as dumb as I thought."
"She's not one of mine, exactly."
"What do you mean?"
"They loaned her to us, she's really a Royal Marine."
"Ah, one of those for Queen and Country types? Well you and Mycroft would get along magnificently!" I held my hand up to signal stop. "Wait, Mycroft Holmes?"
"Yeah.."
"Oh my God. You're his brother? Do tell him I said hello would you? I miss him sometimes."
"I'm sorry, hello John Watson, but do you know his brother?"
"Yes, we went to uni together. We were roommates for a certain amount of time. Say hello for me." I said as I was dragged away by officers wanting to talk. Once I was quite far away, I was stopped by a single shout. "Dinner?!" I turned to see it was in fact John Watson. "Yes please! I'll drop by yours tomorrow at 8!"