You're my division

You entered the station in a cloud of confusion after a simple text from Sherlock, your insufferable brother, advising you to hurry down to Scotland Yard. It was surprisingly easy to gain access but now you were lost within the building. Sherlock and John could be literally anywhere and you had ran out of credit that morning so there was no way of contacting them. "Excuse me ma'am?" A smooth, attractive voice beckoned your attention from somewhere behind you. "Yes?" You answered spinning to face the owner only to find him equally attractive, if not more, than the voice that interrupted your thoughts. "You look lost. I know this place can be a hassle to get around at first. Is there somewhere specific you would like to locate?"
"More like someone." He nodded his understanding and enquired who it was, "Sherlock Holmes. Is he in the cells by any chance? I don't have bail money." The man let out a low chuckle that, you hate to admit it, kind of had you weak. "No ma'am he's actually in my office. He's assisting us with a case right no-" Before he could finish his sentence you had jumped in, "You must be Lestrade. Um what was it? Geoffrey Lestrade?" And almost defeated expression swept across his face like a storm, "It's Greg. Although he never remembers it so why bother?" Now that you thought about it your brother did seem to call him by multiple names. "Well, it's lovely to meet you Greg." His face lit up with a heart breaking smile as he extended his hand, "Likewise miss?.."
"Oh! Just call me Y/n." As you slipped your hand into his, you couldn't marvel at how calloused yet soft they felt. "So," He cleared his throat and awkwardly pushed his hands into his pocket after a couple seconds too long of smiling and staring at eachother, "Sherlock?" As he said your brothers name almost like a question, you were pulled back down to Earth and reminded of why you were here. "Yes. Of course."

You had only met him not ten minutes ago and he was already proving to be a gentleman. He was holding doors open for you, gesturing for you to go first and if ever you had to make contact it would be only be a gentle, barely there touch at the bottom of your back as a guiding nudge in the right direction. He seemed almost perfect, however he had yet to discover you were a Holmes and that could change his opinion on you drastically. "So, Y/n," You liked the way your name slipped off his tongue like honey, "What do you do for a living?" Shrugging slightly you continued to look straight ahead down the corridor, "This and that. At the moment I'm working alongside Mycroft Holmes, I'm sure you've heard of him?" A small almost unnoticeable grimace caused you to laugh slightly, "Yes. I think I've met him more than enough times for one life time." This statement gave you even more amusement because you knew that your other brother liked to put up a front to other people and it wasn't always an enjoying front. It was more threatening at times. "Well, here we are." He pushed the door open and motioned for you to move ahead of him. "Hello Sherlock, John." John stood up and pulled you into a small hug, having not seen eachother for a while. "Didn't realise you guys were so close." Greg's voice pulled all your attention back to him. Not that he had to fight for it, the way he looked behind that desk in his uniform was almost too much. "Yes well, that's what happens after you nearly die together."
"So you and John met in the army?" Was it just you or was there a probing edge to his voice? "Of sorts." You sighed and took a seat beside Sherlock before beginning to glance over the folder he was looking at. "Oh sis, you made it." It appeared he had finally acknowledged your prescence, "Yes thanks for noticing. I missed you too." Unintentionally, your eyes rolled. "Don't roll your eyes, you know mummy doesn't like it."
"You know mummy doesn't like it," You mimicked. "Stop being childish, I called you here for your assistance."
"Yes I'm aware. Why else would you call me? It's not like we're family."
"I request your prescence more than I request Mycroft's."
"Oh yes. That makes me feel a lot better. My brother tolerates me more than he does my older brother." During your little spat something had finally become clear. "So you're a Holmes? Y/n Holmes?" Cursing beneath your breath, you turned your eyes from the staring war with Sherlock to face Greg again. "Yeah. I know. So unexpected."
"Those things I said about Mycroft, I didn't mean them." Incredulously, you raised an eyebrow, "Don't tell me your scared of me now."
"Not scared," His gorgeous brown eyes seemed to be filled to with mirth, "try intrigued."
"Can you continue your relationship after this? Murderer on the loose."
"Sherlock!" You exclaimed, exasperated by your brothers lack of social skills. "Well I'm sorry. If you're gonna kiss, then kiss but stop flirting during our investigation." Mortified, you slowly trained your eyes to look back at Greg who was wearing an amused smile. "Dinner tonight? Eight?"
"Sure."