You're mine now (moriarty)

This one has been in the works for a while. Since I started this book I just never got round to finishing it 😂

"Alright, you lot, rise and shine! 20 minutes to breakfast." You were a prison guard for the highest security jail known to the general public. There were plenty higher up but no one is supposed to know about those. However that was where you aimed to take your life, right to the top. To get to the top you had to prove yourself in the lower, more menial, tasks and that's what you were doing.

As you got to the end of the hall, you noticed that one of the inmates was still sitting at his desk, staring out the window. "Hey, daydreamer, get your ass in gear." He turned to face you slowly, the expression splayed across his features was a mixture between welcoming and threatening. You had no idea how he managed it. "Now is that any way for a lady to talk?"
"I can promise you that I'm not your average lady." His left eyebrow twitched, "Is that so? Care to prove it, sweetheart?" Unknowingly, you took a step towards his cell, "Give me a time and a place and maybe I will." Was it just you or was this sounding more and more like flirting? "I'll be looking forward to it." As he reached his door, you seemed to snap out of it. "Showers. Now. Then breakfast hall, if your late, you go hungry." You were a guard you weren't supposed to converse with them unless it was to threaten or put them in their place. You couldn't allow yourself to be dragged in by charm if you wanted a place at the top.

By the time you made it the breakfast hall everyone seemed to be there. With a quick glance across the room, it was obvious that the man from earlier hadn't made it. God knows where he had got to but you weren't too concerned. There were guards posted at every exit of this places and more stationed throughout the halls. He had no chance of doing anything potentially dangerous.

When you finally decided that it may be best to look for him, he strolled in. There was a self satisfied smirk on his face, like the cat who got the cream. As he was making his way over to the food line, as though he had all the time in the world, you stopped him in his tracks. "I told you that if you were late, you would go hungry. Where were you?" Just like that the smile slipped from his face, "No where that you need to worry about, princess." For some reason, he made princess sound like more of a threat than a pet name. "Look, it's my job to keep you in your place and make sure you learn your lesson. So tell me where you were or we can make this so much more difficult for you." His smirk was back, "Why don't you show me a bad time then?"

Planning to cart him off to the detention cells for a week or two, you gripped his arm. This plan was dropped instantly when, upon taking hold of his arm, he released a hiss of pain. "What's wrong?" He tried brushing you off but that only made you turn him to face you directly. "Hold on," you gently felt his arm, "is that, is your arm broken?" He regarded you with a curious look, "What will happen if it is?" Without hesitation you took hold of his uninjured arm and led to him to the serving hatches and stood with him as he gathered his food.

Whilst he ate, you sat at his side and waited patiently. "So, what is happening then?" You shrugged and stayed silent. "Don't you think I deserve to know what you're doing with my arm?"
"You're finishing your breakfast and then I'm taking you to medical. You don't need to set up an appointment through the warden if it's serious and you are escorted by a guard."
"Don't you think it's weird that a guard is sitting with an inmate?"
"Anyone asks I'll tell them you are in potential danger. Now shut up and eat."

You weren't sure what had made you decide to help him. Other than his gently, mischievous eyes and his rolling accent you weren't sure what he had ever done for you to help him. Still, you lent him a hand to get him up from his seat once he had finished and waited by the door for him to deposit his tray. Then you frog marched him through the halls.

"James Moriarty, by the way." You quirked a smile at the fact that he felt the need to introduce himself to his guard. After you stayed silent he asked, in a mock offended fashion, "What? Am I not worthy of knowing your name?" You laughed, "Prisoner, guard relationship, sweetheart. Kept professional at all times." He cocked an eyebrow once again and muttered something along the lines of everything so far not being exactly professional. 

Eventually, you were finished in medical and were to escort him back to his cell. "So are you going to tell me how you broke your arm?"
"Are you going to tell me your name?"
After a few seconds of deliberation, you told him your name and he nodded. "Nice name. I got in a fight with the 'king of the pile' in the shower room. You should see him, if you're so worried about my arm."
"I don't care about him. It was reckless of you to put yourself in danger." James stared at you for a couple of seconds, eyes flitting back and forth across your face. Eventually he let out, in a low droll, "How professional of you." You closed his cell door and left.

.........

It was a few weeks after that incident that the warning siren went off and the building was in automatic lock down. Someone was escaping. Through the door system, you could tell that it was on floor 22b and that's where you and your crew were stationed. As you peeked round the corner, you could see that it was in fact, James, making the daring escape. Now all you had to do was catch him.

The plan was for you to go round back and for the others to distract him from the front. That they did. They were gaining on him, sights trained solely on his chest. Despite this, he hadn't even broken out in a sweat. He was calm and collected, completely sure that he was walking out of there that day, alive. "I recommend you drop your weapons Mr.Moriarty or we will be forced to take you down."
"Well, that would be a shame. I'll tell you what, how about I take something valuable and you lot drop your weapons." Before you could tell what was happening, he had reached behind him and gripped your wrist, pulling you round to his front. Now your back was flush against his body. "There we are. I've picked my priceless object."
"Drop your weapons!" Your crew mates all but roared. "I don't think I will," he grinned and announced in a sing-song voice, "You lot were supposed to drop them!"

Slowly, he began backing the two of you up into the elevator. As the doors shut he waved goodbye and the other guards could do nothing about it because you were acting as a human shield. Once you hit the ground floor, it was pretty simple to make it out of the fire escape because no one had been posted down there. Everyone was trained solely on floor 22b and the stairwells. The elevator wasn't supposed to work during a lock down. James obviously had someone on the outside working with him. "How about that sugar," he released his hold on you, "We made it out. We're fine."
"We are far from fine! They will come after you. I should be arresting you right now. Oh God, I'm an accomplice of yours at this point. That is if I don't bring you in. They'll be coming after me as well." He placed two steadying hands on your shoulders and looked into your eyes. "Relax, love, you are mine now. Me and Sebastian don't let anyone in our possession, on our side, get hurt. You are safe."