Chapter 2

HUSNA'S POV
Maariah stayed the night, claiming that 'this would be the last girls' night before Adeel and I were married.' As much as I hated Maariah at that moment, I couldn't help but talk to her. I was nervous. What if Adeel didn't like me? More importantly, what if he did? Would all my dreams be washed down the drain? Would I have to live with a guy I didn't love while constantly having the one person I really wanted in my heart?

Maariah just laughed at me, telling me that I had always been a 30 year old in a body of well... Me. Since I was 12. I figured that we might as well enjoy the night as we were together for once.

Although I rarely watched TV these days, I gave it a slight miss and we watched Titanic, one of our favourites. It was really really old, but it was a soppy story, a chick flick. By the end of the movie we had tears streaming down our cheeks. Maariah turned to me, this being the first time I had EVER seen her cry. "I'm not crying because of the stupid movie, I'm crying because you are a year younger than me... and you are getting married. I might miss you," she said, the ending losing the affection. She hugged me awkwardly and we sat in silence. We both knew that marriage wasn't easy, but I had pondered over each and every point of it, trained myself to say sorry, taught myself how to deal with fights and dreamed about the happy moments. I knew that Maariah was worried that I wouldn't be able to look past my protocol. I had planned but Allah was the best of planners.

"I just hope I have a beautiful love story," I mumbled.

"Like Romeo and Juliet, except without the death?" She questioned.

"No, like Aaishah (RA) and Nabi (saw)"

With that, we were off to bed, waking up only at Fajr. We stayed awake after that, because Adeel would be arriving early and I would most definitely sleep in if I slept now. After showering, I put on my flowing black abaya, with layers cascading from the butterfly sleeves, blue rimmed. At my waist, an elastic, dusted blue belt with gold chain links meeting, made the abaya stand out and looked gorgeous. My hijab was a gorgeous royal blue stretch on one side, and black velvet on lace on the other. Maariah helped me apply my make up, a hint of eye shadow, enhanced eyebrow filler, winged eyeliner, a touch of mascara and my natural honey lips. The make up was so subtle it was invisible, just enhancing my natural features.

Maariah looked at me, winked and that was when the door bell rang......