Chapter 43

NABEEL'S POV

"What do you mean she's pregnant, Danyaal?" I asked, once I had recovered from the shock. Danyaal had handed me a glass of water and stood there, his hands stuffed into his Kurta pockets.

"I know this is surprising Nabeel, but you guys, well, you know, since it wasn't planned, it wasn't like you were going to use protection or anything," he shifted awkwardly. It seemed so odd to be speaking to the brother of my "affair" about the "affair."

"So what are we going to do Danyaal? With the baby? With Maariah? With, everything? I'm getting married to Husna in a few months, just before the baby is born! What am I supposed to do?!" I cried.

"That's your choice, Nabeel. I'm giving you some time to think about it. We went for a scan today and the baby is literally the cutest thing on earth. I'm already in love with him, or her, for that matter. Maariah, well, of course she's still stressed, so it isn't easy for her to enjoy it. We have no choice but to keep the child. We just need to find out how to tell the adults."

"Danyaal, you're a great brother. Honestly you are. I'm so sorry for what happened. I would love to keep the child. It is my child after all. I don't know how to work around the issue though, since I'm already engaged. I'll give it some thought, and Jazakallah for all the advice," I smiled.

As I turned to leave, Danyaal called me back.

"Nabeel, I know that this isn't the best of situations to be in, and that you aren't very happy to be a father at the moment, but I need you to relax. One last thing," he paused. "Congratulations bro!" he pulled me into a bear hug.

This was the Danyaal I knew. I watched his car drive into the distance and then lifted my head in a silent supplication to Allah. I thanked Allah for everything that he had given me. I thanked him for keeping Maariah safe. I thanked Him for giving Maariah a brother like Danyaal. I thanked Allah for his mercy on me. I thanked Allah for keeping my baby alive and safe. I thanked Him for my unborn child. I thanked Allah for everything I could thank Him for and asked His blessings and mercy on everything I loved and cherished. I even included Maariah in this dua, because she was the mother of my child.

Somehow, in the emotion of the moment, Husna totally slipped my mind and my dua

---------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

WRITING HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE EXCITING EVERY SINGLE DAY. I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS AS A RELAXATION TECHNIQUE AT NIGHT BECAUSE I FINALLY FEEL AS IF I AM ACHIEVING SOMETHING. JAZAKALLAH TO ALL THE READERS AND FANS (YES, I HAD TO ADD YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE😉) WHO MADE MY DREAM A REALITY

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE STORY SO FAR? COMMENT DOWN BELOW!!!

Also, huge shoutout to all the people who vote for the story.