Chapter 4- The Golden Boy

"Diners ready" I heard Maryse booming voice call from downstairs, me and Izzy had both finished unpacking my things and sorted out all my clothes that I was going to get rid of at the demand of Izzy. Now I have no clothes only one pair of jeans and a tanktop with the words 'I have nothing to wear' across it, and I didn't. I also had a red tank top and plaid bottoms, I really did need to go shopping. me and Izzy both jumped of my bed and began to run down stairs, I only just realised I was starving. I don't know when the last time I had something to eat was probably before... that night. I could smell something glorious I couldn't tell what it was but it made me feel so light. finally after nearly loosing Izzy in this maze of a house, we got to the table and there was someone sat at one end of the table, his head was turned the opposite way to where I was so I couldn't see his face.

"Jace, what are you doing back, Alec said you was at Sabastian's" Izzy shouted as soon as she saw him, and she ran towards the blonde haired boy and hugged him, wow a lot of hugging today, I thought to myself.

"Long time no see, I came home because what was a supposed to be a guys night ended up as a raging party" he said, his voice sounded like liquid gold, a shiver ran down my back. soon after he turned around and looked at me, now I could see him perfectly, he is liquid gold, his hair sparkled like gold thread and his eyes was focused on me, I felt like I was going to melt there and then. finally after what felt like hours he spoke, speaking to Izzy but not moving his eyes away from mine "Who's this?"

Izzy coughed and snapped me out of my trance I looked at her and she was obviously trying to keep her giggle in, I give her a glare and she speaks automatically still with a smile across her face. "this is the beautiful, intelligent, funny, creative girl clary fray" I glare at her again, she's so embarrassing. what shocked me the most is Jace's reaction, two words that threatened to send more shivers down the whole of my body.

"I'll say" then he winked,  I could feel my cheeks burn, but then a smirk appeared on his face and flashbacks came into my mind of my fathers smirk when he killed my mother, Izzy could see the distress on my face and she dragged me to were I am to sit when we eat which is next to Jace. She gives me an apologetic smile and sits down next to me.

Izzy starts to talk again to break the silence on the table, Maryse, Alec, and max had all taken a seat at the table a couple of minutes ago bringing different types of food with them, salad, and lasagne. she turns to Jace and says "Clary's staying here because her parents are on a business trip she will be here for a couple of months"

"cool" Jace turns his attention to me "what do they do" I look over to Izzy and she looks at me, no answer, we then both look at Maryse distress on all our faces.

"Erm... their artists" I say to him there were a number of sighs around the table. Jace looks around like he noticed but just shrugged and carried on eating his lasagne. suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"If you would excuse me, I just have to answer the door, I will be two minutes, try not to kill each other." Maryse says before leaving the table, I suddenly get a sharp pain in my chest and everyone stops eating and looks at me.

"Heart burn" I say and everyone carries on eating apart from Izzy and Jace they look worriedly at me . I whisper it Izzy but Jace must have heard, "Izzy, I forgot to talk my tablets and it hurts, badly" Izzy stands up and then helps me up, she takes me to the kitchen and I pull my jacket off and take off my bandage and Izzy gets the tablets, water and a new bandage, she passes me the tablet and water and I take it, when I try to put the new bandage around my waist I see gold in the corner of my eye. I look over to see what it is and I see Jace standing in the doorway pure shock on his face, Izzy goes out of the room and pushes Jace out and closes the door, I hear mumbling on the other side of the door.

When I have finished I put my top back on and brace myself to face Jace and Izzy. I slowly open the door to see a set of blue eyes and gold eyes looking down at me. Jace is the first person to speak "Please someone tell me what's going on, you don't just get scratches on your cheek, chest and arm for no reason" Izzy looks at me apologetically "is the reason why your staying here" I didn't have time to answer because Maryse shouts me into the dining room all three of us walk down the stairs. as soon as we get to the dining room I see a familiar face, Luke.

Hi guys, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to read my fanfictions. I have been reading different fanfictions and I thought there was a lot of talented people. However I wanted to see if I could try to create fanfictions that I thought would be a good plot. Please comment on what you would like to happen and I will see if you are correct, I will try and add a chapter everyday. I've been off school today because I felt ill and I have wrote 2 chapters today. The last chapter took me about 2 hours to write and it lasts about 7 min! Cant wait for Wednesday, Shadowhunters episode 3 yay! what do you think Jace will do when he finds out what happened not long ago?

_Megan Elise Jackson