Chapter 23- Gold.

Seven months later.

"Clary what do you mean you don't have a dress?!" Izzy yelled with a shocked expression plastered on her face.

"I mean, I don't have a dress yet! I'm going to get one closer to the time." I said as I crossed my arms and sat down on the couch. I had enough stress as it was with hunting demons and exams. The least of my worrying is a wedding dress. Mine and Jace's relationship was still as strong as it was when he proposed, maybe even stronger. Simon and Izzy got engaged and I went to my mother's funeral but not once did I cry because she was sat right next to me holding my hand.

"Clary your weddings in a month, you need a dress now." She sighed as she dramatically placed her hand on her forehead, her eyes suddenly opened as she had an idea. "Right that's it," she grabbed my wrist and pulled me up off the comfortable sofa. "We are going to the shops now. Where's Jace, I thought he'd be hear with you."

"He went to the suit shop to find Alec, Magnus, Simon and himself tuxedos for the wedding." She nods at me and shouts upstairs.

"Hey Ma, Clary and I and just going out to buy a wedding dress with the girls!" We waited for a reply by looking up to the roof.

"Okay just be back by tea, have fun!" we ran out and Izzy got her phone out of her pocket and started dialling numerous numbers. She clicked the speaker button and started to talk "Hey Ro could you get to that wedding shop on the corner of high barn."

"Two Rings? Sure I'll be there. Has clary finally got off the couch and stopped munching on those haribos?" Iz and Ro began laughing at the fact that I've been watching a lot of Pretty Little Liars recently.

"Hey I can hear you you know!" I yelled back into the phone.

"Okay, okay, I'll meet you there." The line was cut and Izzy began dialling another number.

"Hello?" I groggy voice said on the other line.

"Hey Nicky, you okay you sound ill"

"You just woke me up!" she yelled causing someone to groan on the other line.

"Nicky its noon, why are you still I'm bed?" I asked as I look at Iz curiously.

"Hey you can't talk, you're always on the couch watching Netflix and eating haribos."

"Thank you!" Iz yelled causing another two groans at the tone of her voice. I rolled my eyes at her outburst which resulted in both of us trying to contain our fits of laughter. "By the way Nicky, who's there with you?"

There was a long pause before she came clean ".... Brent?" she said as if it was a question both Iz and I squealed in excitement I'm so happy that's she's moved on from Dan the tramp, in my eyes I didn't really see it as a relationship. Okay well now I'm sounding more and more like Elise each day which I wouldn't class as a good thing. "Okay, okay, so what was it you disturbed my beauty sleep?"

"Much needed beauty sleep" I mumbled, of course I meant it as a joke don't go thinking I'm one of 'those' girls.

"I heard that!" she stated causing another round of laughter. "Well?"

"We was wondering if you and Elise wanted to come with us to Two Rings now." She agreed to my question and we said our goodbyes, now it was just McKenna, Ronnie, Bella, Sue and Anna left to ask.

Twenty minutes later we was all sat in the waiting room. "By the way Clary, mum said that for Shadowhunters gold represents weddings so she insisted that you bought a gold dress." I nod my head at the request. We searched for the perfect dress and gold beads caught my eye. I turned my head to get a better view and my lungs felt like they had stopped working for that second by its beauty. The skirt reached the floor, it reminded me of something a queen would have worn in the 17th century. I take it of the rail and admire the embroidery on the chest. "Clary that's gorgeous!" Izzy shrieked from behind me causing the others to run up to me. "Go try it on" she pushes me to the direction of the changing room as everyone else sat outside waiting impatiently for me to walk out. I quickly changed into the dress and glanced in the mirror. The dress brought out my eyes and hair against the gold threading. I looked like another person. I step outside of the curtain and numerous gasps fill the room, bouncing off the windows and walls.

"Wow" stated McKenna. "You look amazing Clary!" I did a twirl and the skirt followed my movements.

"Well I think after this we need to get some coffee!" we all laughed at Bella's statement as we knew full well she had an obsession with the beverage. I quickly changed out of the dress and looked at the price.

"Erm Izzy we have a problem!" I stated.

"What?! What is it?!" she yelled past the curtain, I opened the curtain to come face to face with her confused expression.

"Its £16,ooo, I can't afford it!"

"I told you clary, your part of our family now! Of course you can afford it" I pull her into a bear hug "thanks Izzy." I whisper.