Chapter 15- Reading My Thoughts

One week later.

My wound healed pretty fast, I was actually surprised and scared of how fast it had. Everyone else thought that it was pretty normal if I was a healthy teenaged girl. I kept telling myself this as well. But I wasn't convinced, it surly should take longer to heal and be pain free. I opened the shower curtain but I forgot to lock the door, I heard the door creak open "whoever's in here get out" I yelled over the running water I had soap in my eyes and struggled to see properly.

"Hey gorgeous" I could tell who's voice that was, Jace.

"Jace get out I'm in the shower" I said yelling, I swear if he didn't get out in ten seconds I'm not kissing him for a week.

"fine" he said with a sigh, wow that was easy, I heard the door closed and I continued with my shower, when I had finished and got the soap out of my eyes I rapped the towel around me and opened the curtain. I nearly screamed at what I saw. Jace was sitting on the floor his arms on his knees.

"Jace was you in here the whole time" I said trying not to shout.

"yes" he said with a grin on his face "nice singing by the way" his smile grew bigger and I couldn't stay mad at him, yes he infuriates me sometimes but no-one could stay mad at those puppy dog eyes and grin. its like his smile was contagious, I could feel a blush creeping up my neck and to my cheeks. before he could tell that I was embarrassed I opened the door and shoved him out of my en-suit to my bedroom.

"Jace get out I need to change" I said after we got to my bedroom door.

"awe can I stay" I swear he's got a death wish.

"Jace, if you don't get out I'm not going to kiss you for a full week and I'm not joking." I say crossing my arms over my chest and gave him the you have ten more seconds to leave face as soon as i said this he turned around and ran down the corridor, coward. before I shut my door someone opened it and it was Jace, Again!

"Sorry just forgot this" he said as he kissed me when we had broke apart he said "ill see you for breakfast, we have a very busy day today" then ran for his life. Today I was starting at my new school, luckily I had Jace, Iz, Simon, Alec and Magnus and even Jordan with me. Maia had told me that she was transferring to the same school as me also so I had her as well. So I don't know why I was so nervous. I quickly dried my hair and but it in a messy bun, I was wearing a tartan red dress that had a white collar. Simon had picked this the time we all went shopping and I loved it, who knew Simon had such good taste in cloths. I put on little make up only foundation mascara, red lipstick and eye-liner, Izzy would probably say eye-liner on fleek.

I walk downstairs to see everyone sitting around the table, the smell of pancakes hot me and I started to drool. I sat down next to Jace and he smiled at me. I grabbed a pancake and put it on my plate. Jack turns his attention to me and starts to talk "so, are you nervous?"

I finished the food that was in my mouth and replied "yes, it's like I'm starting a new life all over again"

"Don't worry you have me and believe me no one is going to bother you if I can help it" after he finished talking he kissed me on the head and carried on eating.

After we had finished we all followed Jack to his car because he was to only person who had a license apart from Simon who was going to meet us there with Magnus. I sat in the front and Alec and Iz in the back. He reached over and grabbed my hand whilst starting the car. All the way to school he held my hand. We arrived at the school and he held onto my hand even tighter, I look over and see that he looked angry and agitated. It worried me. "Jace, what's wrong?"

He turned his attention to me "all the guys keep looking at you like their undressing you with their eyes" I looked around and saw that everyone was looking at me, the girls glaring at me and the guys looking at me like I was a piece of meat and they were the predators. I held onto Jace's hand tighter for reassurance that he wasn't leaving. He looked at me and smiled at me to say he wasn't going anywhere. I loved the feeling of someone being with me to protect me from anything that threatens to hurt me.