Chapter 20- Birthday

I open my sleepy eyes and instantly shut them at the amount of light pouring in from the window. I start to hear movement in my bedroom, I force my eyes open to see Jace, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Maryse, and Simon all huddled up starring straight at me "happy birthday" everyone said at the same time. Balloons where flying all over the room and banners where hanging off the walls, a smile instantly forms on my face. I feel myself becoming more awake so I manage to sit up straight and get myself out of bed.

I couldn't stop the smile on my face. "Guys I said I didn't want you to make a big deal out of it" I stated as Jace walked over to me.

"Really Fray have you not learnt yet? When have we ever done what you said?" With that he kissed my cheek and in return to his remark I punched his arm playfully.

Izzy jumped over to me clapping her hands together excitedly. "Makeover time" I groaned and in response Iz rolled her eyes. "Come on Clary you can't wear just a hooded and sweats for your birthday."

"Watch me Iz" I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's my girl" Jace kissed the top of my head as his arm draped over me.

"Magnus I need your help" Izzy declared as she turned to Magnus.

"How may I be of service?" Magnus asked as his arm was also draped around Alec.

"We need to find an outfit for clary that will make her change her mind" I was about to object when I was interrupted "or we can just make you dress the way we want, it's your call" I regret saying this but I'm looking forward to seeing if Izzy and Magnus would be able to change my mind.

"Fine but you have three tries of finding the perfect outfit or I'm just going to wear a sack." I stated. Izzy and Magnus looked dressed as they always are, Izzy in a red dress and high black heels and Magnus in a pink glittery suit. Alec wearing a leather jacket and Jace wearing a blue shirt showing some of his muscular chest. Simon being Simon is wearing a star wars t shirt. Why do I have to change the way I look if it's my birthday?

"Right everyone out." Izzy shooed everyone away. "Not you Magnus."

Ten minutes later Izzy brought out three outfits and matching accessorise and heels. Outfit number one wasn't that bad but I wouldn't wear something that bright so I shook my head in disagreement.

 Outfit number one wasn't that bad but I wouldn't wear something that bright so I shook my head in disagreement

Outfit two was the right colour but it was quit plain. Izzy looked scared that I wouldn't like any of them, it finally came to the last one.

Outfit three was breathtaking, the colour would bring out my eyes, it wouldn't show too much skin and it wasn't plain at all but sexy

Izzy and Magnus both have a hopeful gleam in their eyes at the possibility that I would say yes but being the best friend I am I decided to make them squirm

Izzy and Magnus both have a hopeful gleam in their eyes at the possibility that I would say yes but being the best friend I am I decided to make them squirm. I shake my head and they both let out a sigh of disappointment. "I really thought that she'd like at least on of them." Iz stated to Magnus.

"I'm joking guys, I love the red dress and heals. Stop worrying so much about what I wear." I laugh whilst Izzy looks at me like I'm going to be six feet under if I don't shut my mouth.

"Magnus do you think you could do her makeup and I'll do her hair it'll take less time then and let me warn to she moves around, alot" Izzy said to Magnus standing beside her. Also giving me the daggers "Right go and get changed then come straight back out" demanded Izzy as she pushed me into my walk in wardrobe. As soon as I finish putting on the last touches to my outfit, the shoes. I walk out and the room fills with Izzies and Mag's gasps. "Right hair and makeup" Izzy said walking over with curlers.

"No need." Magnus said as he clicked his fingers and a cloud of pink and purple mist circled around me. This time I was the one to gasp, I had forgotten that Maryse said Magnus was a warlock. As soon as the mist had evaporated into the air Izzy gasped once more and Magnus whipped his hands together in satisfaction. "Right I'm starving let's go" Magnus stated as he walked out of my room and towards the kitchen leaving Izzy and I staring dumbfounded at his back.

"I'm never going to get used to this" I say aloud.

"Me niether" Izzy states as she follows Magnus, before I leave the room I look in the mirror to see perfect curls, smokey eyes and a maroon lip, this is definitely not me, she's too beautiful. But when realisation kicks in this it definitely is me after pinching myself a number of times just to make sure, I gasp. I try my best to catch up with Iz and Magnus but instead I find Jace looking up at me holding a rose at the bottom of the steps, his mouth wide open. "Close your mouth Jace you might just cast flies" Izzy smirked as she walked past her older brother. I begin to feel my cheeks turning a deep scarlet red.

I carried on walking down the stairs, trying not to fall over in my heels, and face Jace. "You look beautiful" he said as his eyes inspected my outfit.

"Thank you" I couldn't think of anything else to say, he passed me the red rose.

"I was thinking to celebrate your birthday we could go somewhere" he says linking his hand with mine and guiding me outside and into his car.

"Jace, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Here you have to wear this." He passed me a blindfold I gave him the 'really' look and put it on anyway. All I could hear was the sound of passing cars and Jace's breath.

"Jace, you know I don't like surprises!" I was starting to get paranoid.

"Trust me you'll love this one" he said, I could tell he was smiling as he spoke. I sat back and took deep breaths, I was very new to surprises seen as I never had a surprise off my parents only the surprise of bad things happening. It took us around twelve minutes to get you our unknown location, I heard Jace open the door to get out and then opened my door for me, me being me I hit my head on the door frame making Jace giggle and my head pound.

"Jace stop laughing" I punch what I think is his arm but turns out to be his chest which results in him letting out a loud "ow"

"Come on Clary before you hurt yourself anymore then you already have" he let's out a chuckle as I climb out of the car. I role my eyes. He takes my hand in his and leads me. All of a sudden melodic music starts to fill the air. "You can take your blindfold off now." I follow his instructions and what I see next makes me throw my hand to my mouth and take in a shocked breath.

Hi guys please go and follow mortalinstruments12 her stories are amazing and she's super nice 😊