Chapter 4.

I woke up by something orange in my eyes. I opened my eye's and it was just the sun shining through the windows. I looked toward where the clock was and it was 7:34 a.m. I guess I was used to getting up early. As usual I got out of bed grabbed the only pair of clothing I had and took it into the bathroom with me. I took my clothes off and turned on the shower. I was feeling super happy. I guess getting away is all I needed. I shampooed, lathered my body with soap, and conditioned.

I got out of the shower and put my skinny jeans on and my white t-shirt. I blow dried my hair and straighten it. I heard a loud knock on my door, I guess it was Lily "Get your ass out I need to pee!" Lily screamed. I opened the door and got out. I went to the closet and I found sandals and my black spiked combat boots. I went for the combat boots and my outfit was completed.

As I waited for Lily to get out of the shower I was checking my phone. I saw and there was no sign of my parents of being worried. I was about to cry but I quickly pulled myself together they aren't worth my tears.

Lily came out also wearing skinny jeans, with a black t-shirt, some converse, and a beanie. She looked stylish. "Do you want to go home now or later?" Lily asked. "Yea." I said while grabbing the last of my things and putting it in my bag. "Lets go." I said and linked my arm with hers.

*After the ride*

"Do you want to help me pack?" I asked. "Heck yea!" Lily said excitedly. "Your still a child at heart, aren't you?" I said to her. She nodded. I went to the door and knocked. Mom answered and said "Why are you here?". "I live here." responding, that sounded more like a question. "Oh yea, hello Lily." Mom said. "Hello Mrs. Jameson." Lily said.

"I'll be in my room packing." I told my mom. "Packing for what. You aren't going anywhere. You just got here." Mom said. "I know mom, but I have a job. And it requires for me to go where the offices are." I said coldly. "What is up with your attitude Alicia, you better tone it down missy I am your mother!" My mom yelled at me. I couldn't take it anymore. "How could you say that? You are my mother?" I said furiously. "I am the one who gave birth to you!" Mom yelled back.

"Yea, but do you know that doesn't matter. I don't give a damn if you gave birth to me or not. You were supposed to be a mother when your girl is growing up, or when she got hurt, o-or when she really needed a role model. And that is something you never did. All you and dad ever did was work, be at a meeting, or talk on the freaking phone! What happened to all those times when you brushed my hair, and told me I was beautiful, or promised me you never failed? What happened those times? Mom its like you are now somebody that I used to know. I feel unwanted, around you and dad. Like you don't even care! I don't know if I can do that anymore." I said. "Honey I didn't kn-" I cut her off "you never knew cause you didn't pay attention!" I said coldly and walked away.

Luckily Lily was in my room. "Hey" my voice sounded hoarse. "Are you ok?" Lily asked. "I'm fine, just please don't ask." I said. "Ok, so what are you going to pack?" She asked. "Professional clothing, and fashionable for the office."

After spending time choosing the clothes I would take with me, I asked Lily if we could go shopping. She nodded and we went to her car to go. I got in a pulled on my seatbelt and Lily drove off. I turned on the radio and 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons started playing. And as usual me And Lily started singing. 

When the song ended, we arrived at the mall. The same mall we went when we looked for our dresses for the dance , Woodfield Mall. I entered and Lily came up beside me and pulled me to a side.

"What are you going to buy?" Lily Asked. "You know, clothes for work and maybe fancy clothes for evening parties and stuff." I shrugged. I glanced at my watch, it was 11:34 am. "Ok we got like four hours left. Lets shop til we drop." I said with a smug face.