Departure

© 2011 Astrix 

**Hey guys ... sorry it took me so long to post, i tried to make this chapter as long as possible, but there are some points in stories that you just feel like this is a nice place to end this chapter and thats how I feel about this one ... I'm going to post the next one as soon as i can ... for the mean time, I hope y'all enjoy this :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: Departure

"This is everything we can offer you," I look at the prince as his man finish placing the last fruit basket on their boat. "I've given you all the recipes I know that will help your cook make the best types of food with them. And I, well my parents and my people have a request for you and your people."

"And what would that request be?" Prince Damian asks, crossing his arms in front of him, his brown hair moving with the wind.

"To not mention this island to anyone," I look at him, meeting his green eyes, "or me for that matter. We have remained a secret for a very long time and we would like to remain so."

"'We'? You consider yourself one of them?" Next to the prince stands a man of the same height, but with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask, taking my eyes off the prince to look at the other men, "I've been living with them for the past fifteen years. They've raised me as their own, I am one of them, maybe not physically, but I am a lioness in every other way."

"You’re human," Blair states, glaring at me, his nose crouch up in disgust, “you’re a superior race than them. They're animals."

"Need I remind you, that these "animals" just helped you get enough food to survive the remaining of your journey back to your home."

"Ignore him," Prince Damian states, waving his hand, not looking away from me, "join us."

"Excuse me?"

"Come back to our country with us," I look at him in utter shock, is he insane?

"And leave my family? No thank you," I turn to walk away only to see my family standing behind me.

"Go," my father says.

"What?"

"This is your chance my child," I turn to look at my mother, who has tears in her eyes; "we love you, but is time you are united with your race. You shall go with him and find your real family, your human family."

"But-"

"We thought about it all of last night," my father states, his eyes looking straight at me, "you need to make your own family, and you can't do that here."

"We've packed all of your clothes in the vault that was found in the vault at the bottom of the ocean," Linda, the Peacock says, pointing towards where the black vault sits. "We will miss you gravely my dear."

With tears in my eyes I turn to look at the prince and his man who look completely confuse and somewhat scared.

"I'm coming with you," I whisper, looking straight ahead, trying my hardest not to cry, not yet at least.

"Good," the Prince smiles, but loses it when he sees that I'm obviously not happy with the decision. "I'm assuming the vault is yours." He points behind me, and I look back before responding, "Yes.”

"Men," the prince turns to two of his men that are just sitting down doing nothing, "bring the vault to the ship; the lady will be joining us."

I turn back around and start saying goodbye to everyone, "Don't forget us Lucy," Ava chokes back tears as I hug her.

"Never."

"You have a year," my father states when I finish hugging him, "in a year you must be back here, whether you found your real family or not. You must come see us just in time for your brother’s crowning."

"I have placed your blanket in the vault," My mother tells me, "the eagle on it is your clue to finding your family. I'm sure of it. Do not show it to anyone unless you fully trust them, you don't know who your real parents are and in what position they are in, but you do not want the news of your return to reach jealous ears."

"Be brave sister," my brother, Prince Marvin says, pressing his paw on my shoulder, "remember everything that you've been taught, be wise, and don't ever forget no matter what, who you are.”

“I won't," I whisper, before following the prince on to one of the boats. "Goodbye."

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-picture of Blair ------------------------>