Consequences

© 2011 Astrix

**A/N: Hey guys!!! so I just wanted to say thank you for everyone that's been reading this story since I posted it almost a year ago. It really means a lot to me that my story has interested you ^_^. but I'm sure you are all dying to see how this is going to end, I'm already done typing, so it's just a matter of posting it up. But don't worry, it'll be complete before the end of the month. I'm satisfied with the ending, but I'm not sure how you'll react to it.

But until then, here's chapter 18 ------ Enjoy =D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18

Consequences

Lucinda and Blair enter their bedroom, and just as Blair closes the door Lucinda turns around, “Blair?”

“Yes?” Blair takes his jacket off.

“When can we start searching for my real parents?” Blair freezes, and looks at her in shock.

“I’m sorry?”

“When can we start searching for my real parents?” Lucinda repeats, “I’ve been here for months. In a few months I have to go back to my island. I promised my parents I’ll be there for my brother’s coronation.”

Blair looks around the room, Lucinda’s eyes never leaving him as her heart beats get faster.

“What is it?”

“What is what?”

“Do you not want me to find my real parents?” Lucinda asks, her eyes searching his face, “I won’t leave you.” Blair shakes his head, “unless you’ve found them and just haven’t told me.”

Blair’s eyes narrow at her, but he doesn’t speak, and Lucinda lets out an exasperate sigh before walking towards her vault. She opens it and brings out her blanket, throwing it at Blair, who catches it right on time, and looks at his, his breath catching as he sees the Eagle.

He looks at her and whispers, “you know.”

“You know,” Lucinda steps away from the vault, “when I first saw the Eagle at the church today I was like, no, Blair would had told me that the King and Queen were my parents. So I just ignored the hunch I got. But then I noticed the King, and saw how much I look like him. But then I was like so does Lucy. And then I thought, if they had a lost daughter I would had known about that. And then the Prime Minister comes in and starts talking about how the real Princess Lucy died in the sea.”

“Lu-“

“I was found out at sea!” Lucinda eyes start to water again, “My first memory is of me falling from a ship. Coincidence? I think not!”

“Lu-“

“What?!” Lucinda yells at him, causing Blair to take a step back, “you want to talk now? You want to tell me why you’ve kept my family hidden from me?”

“ItwasDamian’sidea!” Blair gushes out before Lucinda can interrupt him.

“What?”

“It was Damian’s idea,” Blair says slowly, “he didn’t want you to know that you were his sister. That the king and queen were your parents. That’s why you were staying here instead of at the palace to begin with.”

“Why didn’t he want me to know I was his sister?” Lucinda asks him, rejection filling her heart.

Blair takes a deep breath, taking a step towards her, but stops when Lucinda steps back, “your parents. The King and Queen. They never bothered to finding out if you survived or not. Yes, at the moment, the Queen was sad, crying, wouldn’t even step outside her room. But once Robert, the Prime Minister offered the idea to have Evangeline replace you, she changed. She accepted the idea, her mourning days were over. They didn’t care whether you had survived or not. Yes, they mourned. But the king never sent sailors out to see if you washed ashore in any island. Your body was never searched for. To them, today was a reality check. Because up until tonight, the only Princess Lucresia there ever was, was Evangeline, any other Lucy was never heard of.”

“You should have told me anyways. Why didn’t you tell me?!” Lucinda couldn’t stop the tears that stream down her face. She runs forward, and Blair opens his arms to console her, but she side steps him and runs out of the room. It takes him a moment to run after her, and when he does she’s already vanished from the hall.

It’s not until hours later, after searching the grounds that he thinks of checking the bedrooms. And finds their old bedroom locked.

He knocks and hears Lucinda call out, “go away.”

“Let me be here for you Lucy.”

“My name is Lucinda and I’ll come out when I’m ready.”

Blair leaves her after that, slamming his own door close.

Before anyone was up, the following morning, Lucinda sneaks out of her bedroom, dressed in the dressed she came to the kingdom in, and quietly leaves the Manor.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**oh oh ... so Lucinda knows the truth, and she left. Ay Dios Mio!

Next chapter will be up later on this week, there are only four left so keep a look out for that.

Comment

Vote

Fan