The Voyage

© 2011 Astrix

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: the Voyage

The sun is setting and the last bits if my home disappears in the distance. I sigh, time to face reality. I know the prince has been looking at me for the past two hours, waiting for me to say something, but I have nothing to say, not when his appearance at my island separated me from my family. I hate him. I hate him for separating me from my family, from my home. The only thing that keeps me from jumping into the water and swimming back is the thought of my parent’s disappointment. And I know that deep down I want to know who I am and where I come from.

Having nothing to look at anymore, except the massive sea, I turn around.

The top of the ship is vacant of everyone except Captain Brian, Prince Damian, and me.

"And she finally turns around," Captain Brian exclaims from the other side of the ship, while chuckling to himself as the Prince tries to hide his laughter.

"It is a two day journey to our home, Princess," Prince Damian tells me as he walks up some wood pull over each other to reach me. "You'll need your rest."

"I can go a week without sleep," I tell him with a smirk, "I do not need rest. But you are more than welcome to do so." I turn back around glaring at the empty sight in front of me.

"Tell me your story," the Prince asks, no, orders me as he comes to stand next to me.

"Is that an order?" I ask, glaring in his direction.

"No," he quickly says, "is a request."

"Well," I stop, taking my eyes of him, "I do not want to tell you about myself when I know nothing about you."

“What would you like to know?” He asks, placing his hand on the wood in front of us.

“Where are you from?”

“I’m from the Daparte Kingdom, largest Kingdom in the world,” He exclaims, a large smile on his face, “there, my parents rule over our people in peace and harmony, we have no border lines anywhere near us, is a huge island, you can say. This world is just islands and islands, some, like yours, still not discovered.”

“What’s your kingdom like?” I ask, moving my eyes from the water to his face.

“It’s incredible. Completely amazing, beautiful, full of happy people just walking around minding their business, and we have balls, gorgeous balls, my parents are most likely throwing one when I get back,” the Prince exclaims, a smile on his face.

“And it will most likely be to find your wife,” we both turn around to find Blair leaning back against a tree trunk sort of wood next to the captain.

“Wife?” I ask the prince curiously.

“Someone to rule next to me,” he replies, looking at me with a smile.

“Oh,” I nod in realization, “My parents are going to make my brother and sister mate, since we have such a low population of lions.”

“They’re not your parents,” Blair says harshly, causing me to glare at him. “Your parents are human, like us, it’s just a matter of finding them.”

“Yes,” Prince Damien agrees with Blair, “and I volunteer myself to helping you find them.”

“It won’t be easy if she doesn’t tell us how she came to the island,” Blair looks at me with a raise eye brow. “So, are you going to tell us your story Princess?”

“There’s not much to tell,” I turn back around to look at the sea, “all I remember is fire and someone yelling my name, Lucy.”

“Lucy?” I look over at the Prince who’s looking at me in shock, “Your name is Lucy?”

“Yes, it is. Is something wrong?” I ask the prince, and he and Blair exchange a look, before the prince looks back at me.

“Nothing is wrong, Princess Lucy,” he replies, “But I suggest we stick with Lucinda, no short names.”

“Why?”

“You do not question the Crown Prince,” Blair says, but I noticed something different in his tone, pity? But why?

“I think I shall rest now,” I turn to glare at the Prince.

The Prince nods and calls for one of his man, “your vault has been already stored in one of the rooms, follow Clamen, he will lead you there.”

“Princess Lucinda?” I sigh; it’s been two days since I left my island, two days in this ship, two days learning the name of human things, and two days of the Prince knocking on my door trying to get me to come out.

“Yes?” I reply, still in the comfort of my bed.

“We shall be arriving home – I mean at the kingdom shortly, you should come out and watch the view.”

I sigh, standing up from my bed, and walking to the door, the door that will lead me to my future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sorry it took so long to post this up, and i know the sotry right now might seem boring, but i promise it will get more interesting in chapters to come ... also im going to change the perspective to third person point of view instead of first person, and i will try to make the chapters longer ...

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, im going to try to post the next one ASAP ...