The Prince's Ball

© 2011 Astrix

** first HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! i hope you all have had a great 2012 so far, can you believe January is already over? i mean, is it just me or is this year going by fast already?

Second: I want to apologize for taking so long to post. Two months! i think that's the longest i've been without updating a story, and is not just this one, is all of my stories. So, i am so sorry for not updating sooner.

Third: The reason i haven't updates is because first, i spent an entire month out of the country in Dominican Republic, and well, my mind wasn't really in writting over there, so i didn't post, and when i got here, my mind was still over there and it just wouldn't write. But i longed on today and saw that it's been two months since i last posted and i felt bad, so i forced myself to write this chapter.

And Last but not least: THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! just so you won't get confused, this chapter is written FIRST in BLAIR's POV, then in THIRD persons' POV and last in LUCINDA's POV. i don't want to put, so and so's pov each time, i find that annoying. this might probably be the only time this will happen, and it helped me with the writer's block.

SOOO, i hope you guys like this chapter, it took me two hours to write it... JK! it was probably half an hour, IDK i don't keep time. well, enjoy ... :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                         Chapter 10

                                                     The Prince's Ball

I watch as Lucinda places the crown on her head pushing down the curls Claire had done earlier. She sighs and takes the jacket off; she’s been doing that since she put it on, trying to figure out how the dress looks better as.

“I think you should leave it off,” I come to stand next to her. I myself am wearing a pair of black slacks and a blue button down shirt and a black pointed coat that reaches the back of my knees. I pick up the necklace that lays untouched in its case on the dresser, “hold your hair up.” She does as told and I place my mother’s necklace on her neck.

My mother’s necklace is shaped like a koru and is made out of glass. It was a present given to her by myself, but she never had the chance to wear it as I bought it before we went on the voyage. The koru is enhanced with gold & silver leaf. It comes with a light blue soft ribbon & cord necklace. The earrings are just the same, but smaller. I thought it be perfect, considering that she is the Princess of the Sea. I look at her tiara; she decided to wear her second tiara, which has seven Aqua pearls, three big ones, one in the middle and the other two on each side. The other four sit in between each. If I remember correctly, the pearls used to be white, but Lucinda told me, that when it was found it had two missing, and when they were replaced, the monkey, Mr. Jumpy, decided to replace them all.

I think it’s perfect, that way the tiara is practically unrecognizable. Yes the shape is the same, but there are no pictures of Princess Lucy from before the accident, they were all secretly burned a long time ago. And if the King and Queen themselves have chosen to forget anything Lucy related, then they will ignore the resemblance of the tiaras.

“Ready?” I ask Lucinda, looking at her eyes through the mirror.

She takes a deep breath and smiles at me, “ready.” I take her left hand, where a ring that Mrs. Andrew gave me a long time ago that used to belong to my mother sits. The ring has a large aquamarine stone, and on either side white stones. I bring the hand up to my lips and kiss the ring. I look back at her smiling, my dear Lucy.