Wedding Plans

© 2011 Astrix Star

**Recap**

“In my country they do,” I say and then glance over at Blair who has a smile on his face, “besides, I cannot marry your son because I am already married to someone of my choosing.” I shouldn’t have said that, but I had a feeling that they were not going to give up until I gave them a reasonable reason as to why I shouldn’t marry Prince Alan.

“And where is he?” this is the first time Prince Alan speaks since we enter the room. We all look at him, “if you are truly married, where is this so called husband of yours. Why is he not here with you at his rightful place? Why did he let you come here, to an unknown country all on you own?”

“Yes,” the King is obviously happy at the direction the conversation took, “excellent question my dear son! Where is this husband of yours?”

“I’m right here.”

************************************** And now the story*********************************************************

                                                                Chapter 11

                                                            Wedding Plans

Everyone in the room turns to look at Blair in shock.

“Excuse me?” Prince Alan is the first to speak, breaking the shocking silence that’s filling the room, “how can you be married to her?”

“Do I really need to explain that to you?” Blair raises his eyebrows, before turning to the King and Queen, “obviously we’re not married through our culture. But we were married with the traditions from Lucinda’s Kingdom.”

“But why keep it a secret?” The Queen asks, rising an eyebrow and looking between Lucinda and Blair. “why not just tell us right away?”

“Yes,” Prince Alan exclaims, “why keep it a secret?”

“Because I wanted to,” Lucinda looks at the Queen, “I wanted to see how people treated me without knowing I was married to a Duke. If I could have helped it, I would had kept it a secret that I was a princess, but that was impossible.”

The King and Queen look at each other, and with a heavy sigh, the King says, “very well. You are dismissed.”

Lucinda smiles and turns around with Blair’s hand on her back.

“But Blair,” Blair turns around to look at the Queen, “I want a traditional wedding here in three months. If that doesn’t happen then I will divorce you and she will marry Prince Alan.”

Lucinda resists the urge to turn around and tell the queen that she’s not her possession to pass around however she likes.

Blair nods, and walks away with Lucinda.

It isn’t until they’re half way home that Lucinda burst, “how dare she?! How dare they?! Who do they think there are? They can’t just choose who I marry. I choose who I marry.”

“First,” Blair starts, unbuttoning the first two button of his shirt, “they are the King and Queen of the Kingdom you are currently residing in.” Lucinda lets out a heavy  sigh, rolling her eyes, “and second, you’re not really choosing whom to marry.”

“Am I not?”

“You’re being forced to marry me,” Not that I mind, Blair looks over at her, giving her a small smile.