The Girl That Saved Blair

© 2011 Astrix

Here's a new chapter of The Lost Princess, exactly a week after chapter 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                     Chapter 7

                                                           The Girl that Saved Blair

As soon as Lucinda and Claire where out of the living room, Mrs. Andrew turns around and Blair follows her closely to his study on the second floor.  He shuts the door behind him, and goes to sit behind the desk, across from Mrs. Andrew.

“Are you married?” Mrs. Andrew asks, and Blair closes his eyes, curse you Damian.

“Yes,” Mrs. Andrew gasps, looking at his left hand, Blair looks down and notices what she’s looking at, or in this case, what she’s not looking at, and Blair realizes the mistake of the plans and finds himself quickly improvising. “Their culture is different from ours. They believe in spiritual marriage, therefor rings are not necessary,” Mrs. Andrew sighs, looking more relaxed than before. “I do, however, plan on marrying her here, with our customs. But I will like secrecy. No one should know we’re married until I say so.”

“So I’m to assume that the whole vacationing is a cover up?”

“Yes,” Blair lies, well sort of, that made him feel better, and technically I’m not lying, since it is a cover up. A cover up so that no one figures out who she really is. “I want to see how she’s treated before we bring the news out in public.”

“Of course,” Mrs. Andrew smiles, “although I doubt anyone will mistreat her, she is a princess.”

“Well, Princess Lucy and Miss Gwendolyn have already started,” Blair stands up, and walks around his desk.

“Well, that’s expected,” she replies and Blair has to agree, “Well I’ll leave you so you can be with your wife.”

Mrs. Andrew starts to walk away with Blair following closely behind her when there’s a knock on the door. Blair sighs, “come in.”

The door opens and Damian comes in, “you highness,” Mrs. Andrew curtsy, before leaving, closing the door behind her.

“Did something happen?” Blair asks Damian as they walk towards his desk.

“Well, yes,” Damian responds, leaning forward with his elbows on the desk a hand on each side of his head.

“What happened?”

“Well, I just finished dripping off my future wife at her house,” Damian states, sighing.

“What?” Blair exclaims, leaning forward as well, “Damian, we have Lucy, you don’t have to marry anyone you don’t want. All we have to do is-“