Chapter Ten: Come Away To Rome

I've driven so far I have no idea where I am, and if I'm even in the same area as I was an hour ago, my phone has been going off, so at one point I turn it off. Not caring to tell anyone my whereabouts, besides I know the person whose calling is the one I've been trying to get away from this whole entire time. She slept with carrie, she wasn't even drunk, it was worse because she used the excuse of being sick to get to go home and fuck carrie. Again the image hits my eyes and a I swerve, before pulling over. I couldn't hold in my pain anymore, screaming and punching at my drivers wheel, before the sobbing came.

The sobs wracked my whole body, and hiccups caused it harder for me to breathe, but the time it stopped, my energy was sapped. So I found a rest area, and parked my car, grabbing a blanket from the back, and I slept, not wanting to go home. It wasn't good, I had dreams about Cleo and carrie, things got even more explicit, and I woke up in a cold sweat, shivering I turned on my car agin and cranked up the heater. I turned my phone back on, needing to figure out where I was and how to get back home, after all I still had school, and I needed to call Andrew to tell him I was fine. I ignored all of her voicemails, deleting them, scrolling though all of her messages wasn't even possible, there were over a thousand, which I deleted as well, before dialing his phone number.

"Where the hell are you?!?" He shrieks.

"Um I actually have no idea but I'm headed home, where are you?" I ask quietly.

My throat is scratchy from all  the yelling and screaming that I did.

"I'm at our house, look just tell me when you'll be home, have you called Cleo to tell her you're alright?"

"No."

"Well you should she was really worried about you"

My heart starts to pick up at the sound of Cleos name, traitor. To which I quickly stomp down before answering.

"No." I say a bit darker.

"Nadia she's you're best friend I think the least you can do is call and tell her you're alright"

"Look I'm not going to call and tell her, if you feel so upset about it you do it." I growl before ending the call.

I huff as my tummy grumbles, I dig in my bag before pulling out some starburst. Well these would just have to do. I use Siri to help me figure out where I was before finding the best route to go to get back home, and then I'm on my way.

~ ~ ~

After five hours of driving I'm finally home, pulling in, I get out, moving slowly towards the front of my house, not happy to see Cleo sitting there. I ignore her, moving around while trying to get into my house. I wince as she grabs my arm and turns so that I have to look at her. She looks like shit, her eyes are red rimmed, and her face looks paler than usual, good.

"Where've you been? I've been calling you and calling you!"

"None of you're business." Is all I say before shrugging her hand away.

"Nadia look I now what you saw yesterday, can I just explain that-t"

"Please don't. I honestly can't deal with you right now Cleo just wait awhile okay?"

I don't wait for her to answer as I rush into my house, and bolt up the stairs. My brother isn't home, but he did leave a note for me, which I'm not going to repeat as it had a lot of profanities in it. I lay back down on my bed, there's so much going on through my head, but I can't really pinpoint anything all I can really focus on is the pain that seems to be throbbing throughout my body. So I do the next best thing to figuring things out, sleeping.