Chapter Eight: The New TA

When I walked out of the bathroom after making sure I didn't look like cruella de vil, and saw that Cleo had her friend leave the relief was blissful. She smiled at me nervously, as if sensing that I might snap. She walks towards me with her hands up in a surrender, when I don't do anything she wraps me in her arms, resting her cheek the top of my head. I close my eyes breathing deeply, just having her touch me calms me down. But then the phone blares, causing me to jump, before looking for my phone, Im a little pissed as i bend over the couch, when i Hear cleos voice after feeling her slap my bottom.

"What's up drew?"

I then hear the muffled sound of my brother talking to Cleo as her eyes light up.

"Whatcha want to do is make yourself irresistible, and not to give in, just make him want you and jealous. So then he'll pounce you." She giggles

I can't hear my brothers response but I can imagine it's not something I want to hear, especially but the bush Cleo is now sporting. So I get up, and head to the kitchen, deciding it's time for me to start cooking as its later in the evening.

Moving around the white cabin kitchen, I place everything that I need out, before grabbing my knives and the cutting board. I prep everything before throwing some coconut oil into the pan along with celery and cabbage. In another pan I have boiling water and ready to cook chow mein noodles. Once that starts to go I start breaking chicken, before throwing them into her deep frier along with the spring rolls I had wrapped. As I do this I can feel someone watch me move around the kitchen, I glance up to see Cleo staring at me, with such a warm happy look I can't help but blush and smile to myself. She chuckles before moving to wrap her arms around my waist and kiss my neck.

My heart starts to ache, right now, it's almost as if we were together, cooking in the kitchen, and her holding me from behind. It brings tears to my eyes, and I'm not quite sure why I wish it was so real. So instead of pulling back and saving myself the ache, I continue to let her hold me, while continuing to get our dinner ready.

The phone rings again and I watch Cleo leave to go get it and talk to whoever. I don't mind I'm busy putting everything together and just need to grab the plates and drinking glasses when Cleo comes in scratching the back of her neck with a look of slight shame on her face.

"What's wrong?" I has hesitating to get the plates.

"So um I might have accidentally invited my new assistant teacher, Carrie over for dinner, would you mind setting another plate?"

"Of course not you'll probably want go get to know her." I smile.

I honestly don't mind, it haven't met this person so I'll make no reservations about her, she's probably just eager to get in Cleo's good graces. I hum as I set the plates, grabbing some ice cold water from the fridge, and pouring it into the glasses. I clean up the mess I made while cooking, and just I finish wiping off the granite counters, I hear the doorbell chime.

Cleo looks a little nervous, she changed again, though putting on leggings, and a nice shirt, she kept her hair up in a bun and through on her glasses, saying something of trying to appear professional. When they walked around the corner together, laughing I felt myself stop smiling.

"Nadia this is Carrie my new ta" Cleo says smiling at Carrie before glancing at me.

"Hi" I squeak.

Carrie was gorgeous, I mean she was the closest thing to perfection as you can get. I mean obviously Cleo was better looking, but this girl was, she was stunning. I gulped as she smiled at me, while reaching out a hand. I grabbed it, allowing her to give me a handshake. But in the inside I was panicking, she was too pretty, Cleo would go for her, she was exactly her type, flawless olive skin, bright blue eyes, auburn hair. Not that her coloring had anything to do with it, honestly she just seemed to be exuding confidence and that's what attracted Cleo.

I remember Cleos last real girlfriend that was my freshman year, they'd dated for a year and a half and had apparently been what people though as the perfect couple. I remember feeling left out and alone when they dated not because Cleos didn't make time for me, but because even when she did Ashely was always there. If this was anything like that I was going to need to start reaching out to others and make more friends, even if the idea made me blanch.

"Um so I made dinner, I hope you like chow mein and sweet and sour chicken."

"That's so very nice of you! I wish my little sister would cook for me, she's going to be new at your school."  Carrie says smiling as Cleo pulls out a chair for her.

I plop down in my usual seat, a little miffed that Cleo doesn't feel the need to pull put my chair for me.

"I'm not Cleos sister." I grumble.

Picking up chopsticks, I start to eat after dishing myself out some food, watching as Cleo and Carrie talk about stupid teacher stuff.

"So what grade will your little sister be going into?" I finally ask after Carrie starts leaning in a little too close to Cleo for my taste.

"Oh um, she's going to be a junior, same year as you right?"

"No I'm a senior." I glower down at my food.

Seriously Cleo hadn't even said anything to me, too busy fawning over stupid Carrie. I mean is it so hard to include me into a conversation? I'm not stupid I think I could understand the teacher terms, hell I help Cleo grade the damn papers. And this is how the rest of my evening goes. Though I do escape to the kitchen to grab a bowl of ice cream. It's delicious and helps cool me down, that is until Carrie makes some little quip about how she wishes she still had the metabolism as she did in high school. Okay yes I do eat a lot but I go on runs I think I should be able to eat junk food in peace

"Well tonight was great, I'll see you tomorrow, and do you need a ride home honey?"

The last of carries sentence is directed at me, to which I roll my eyes and shake my head, much to her displeasure, before I'm closing the door in her face. I have to admit that felt really good.

"So she was so nice I'm sure the kids are going to love her!" Cleo squeals.

"Honestly I could care less." I sigh wrinkling my nose and making my way towards her room.

She trails after me still talking about how great stupid Carrie is going to be, and other stuff but I tube her out, trying to calm myself down. I want to ask her if she thinks carries pretty but I know that it would just call me to be uneasy. So I start taking off my clothes and pull on one of Chris baggy t-shirts and get into the worlds comfiest bed. I mane sure to leave Soave between Cleo and I as she turns off the lights and climbs in, she tries to pull me into cuddle, but I pull away, feigning sleep.

Hi lovelies sorry cause a lot of you are going to be pissed in upcoming chapters 😁😁 love you! Comment and vote lovelies ❤️