Lost In My Mind

I was with a friend (lets call her Diana) at some event they'd invited me along too a few years ago. I was having a more than usual awkward day and was sitting and waiting for things to start while everyone talked. 

I found myself returning to a particularly good, enticing day dream world I'd been working on. I wish I could remember which one it was, but at this point there are too many to keep track of! It probably had something to do with me being able to fly. And living with a mythical alien race in the clouds. Who knows? *shrugs*

After a bit, the shin dig began so I had to put a bookmark in my brain, as you do, and rejoin normal society. Interacting with people.... sigh.

It was pretty fun meeting some new faces, but I was exhausted and some of the people there had been acting weird toward me (although that in and of itself is pretty common).

Later, when I was walking back with Diana, she turned to me and said,

'Are you feeling ok Boldpastel? Joanna was trying to talk to you while we were waiting, but you didn't respond to her.'

"I guess I didn't hear her."

'she was sitting right in front of you.'

'I was looking at something?'

'You were staring at the carpet.'

'Well then why didn't you get my attention? I would have heard you!'

'I tried. It was like talking to a wall.'

As you could imagine, this helped me realize why some of the people at said event behaved as though I was a total weirdo. Which I am, and proud of it!

Needles to say, I was mortified and laughing at myself. 

Day dreams are the best, and a little more like Inception then we care to realize.