Chapter 7

Retaliated: Chapter 7

~Trey P.O.V.~

"Honey, I don't want you thinking that just because we're starting to get closer and build up a better bond, that it'll automatically lead us to being an item." I said as I pushed her back a bit.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said and what I mean by that is, if it be that things are good enough to be in a relationship, then I'm down. I'm letting you know that my main goal isn't to cuff you, my goal is to help you get back on a good path." Crossing my path isn't exactly good but at least I'll be able to keep her away from the bullshit of drug dealing and gang banging.

"I see what you mean." Her voice a bit more glum as she scooted herself off of my lap... Nimbus the awkward fucking cloud has arrived and I hated the current feeling in the room.

"You can't honestly sit here and say you thought we'd get back together the second I found out you weren't dead." I said point blankly but she sat there quiet, looking down into lap as she fiddled with one of her rings. "Honey."

"I still love you, Trey. I thought you loved me too." She said quietly to where I could barely hear her. "I was expecting us to have more of a lovey type of feel in our relationship but I was wrong." She continued to say. "Is there someone else?"

Yes the fuck there was but she's stubborn and doesn't want no part of me that went past best friends who occasionally have sex.

"No. You gotta understand my end, I thought you were dead and even spread your quote, ashes, so seeing you walk back into the scene was a bit unsettling. Anyways, we're not gonna discuss that anymore than we already have. I just wanted to drop by and see how you were." Nimbus the awkward cloud was just comin' in too strong and that's my cue to dip.

I stood up and adjusted my shorts a bit before reaching into my pocket to pull out my keys to the whip. She looked up at me surprised from my action as I walked over to the door. She jumped up from the couch to meet me at the door, grabbing my arm before I could even touch the doorknob.

"You're leaving? You basically just got here." She said looking back at me with her dark brown eyes... Every memory of when I'd look down at them like this ran through my mind and the fights we had were what stood out most. How her eyebrows would be furrowed, a hard stare and irises filled with anger... But now they were soft and needing.

"Well yeah, I mean... Unless you needa get something done today." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I just- you know what, if you gotta go, then go. We can always kick it another time." Oh my God, fucking Nimbus is just getting worse. "I guess bye Trey." She said as she wrapped her arms around me in a warm hug.

"Aight Honey. I'll see you another time. If I get word of a job, I'll hit you up- it also wouldn't hurt to be cool with Breezy. As in don't start shit with him." She nodded and let me go... Dipped so fast to my car.

***

"Aye Mom." I said with a yawn as I walked into the house. She was clearly making lunch and my timing couldn't have been any better. Stepping into the kitchen, the counter was full of food, plates, bowls- just everything.

"Oh hi Trey. I wasn't expecting you." She said as I walked up to her and gave her a side hug. She kissed my cheek and I was tempted to use that knife on the counter to cut off the part of cheek she kissed... Her damn Mom spit, I swear. "What's up?"

"Not much. Was in the hood and thought I'd say aye. Old Man Salazarez home?" She shook her head. "Where he at?"

"Car shop is what he said. Why?" I sat at the table and grabbed an apple from the bowl, just spinning it around for my entertainment.