Chapter 15

Retaliated: Chapter 15

~A Few Days Later~
~Natalia P.O.V.~

"Baby Cheeks, it's time to get up. You got trainin' today since I called you in sick for school." Daddy said when he stood at my door. I sat up to yawn and rubbed my eyes. "Be downstairs in ten." I nodded my head and pulled the blankets off my legs.

Dropping down to the floor, I took off my pajamas and dug through my dresser drawers for a black t-shirt and my red and black basketball shorts. Putting them on, I grabbed socks and my J's before going downstairs to find breakfast on the table. Mommy was at the table too, cutting up Junior's waffles so I gave her a hug and sat next to her.

"Where's Dante and Darius?" I asked grabbing the syrup to pour onto my waffles. I liked the mini omelette Mommy made for me too, especially all the cheese that was oozing out of it.

"Asleep. They had a very late night." Daddy said. "So we're gonna go to the trap and go over types of guns then practice shooting." He said to Mommy while I was cutting up my waffles. "If she's up for it, we'll work on jumpin' fences again." I let out a groan. "You needa learn how to, you'd be surprised how many times jumpin' a fence saved my ass by buyin' me a few extra seconds of time."

"But it's hard."

"That's why Daddy has you practicing." Mommy said. "It's not easy at first but the more you do it the easier it becomes and soon jumping a fence will be so easy you could probably do it in your sleep."

"Mommy, more." Junior said as he pointed to the rest of the waffle that was too big for him to eat.

"I wanna do the stuff Darius does." He gets to do the cool things like go up on the roof, use Daddy's big guns and be down in the basement at the trap. I can't do any of that and it isn't fair. Mommy even gets to do cool stuff but she tells me no when I ask her if I can too.

"They had to do what you're doin' now first and then they got to do the stuff they do now. Eat your breakfast so we can go." I went back to eating while he and Mommy were talking some more. I bet Auntie Tilly Beans would let me do fun stuff if I asked her.

***

"Aight Baby Cheeks, before you can even as much as shoot a gun, you need to be able to tell 'em all apart and know how to load 'em." Daddy said as I sat in Uncle Lexis' chair at the head of the table. He laid out all these guns in front of me and I stared at them all.

"I know the harpoon one." I said pointing to it. "And the crossbow." I pointed to that one too. "You told me how to load them as well."

"And you remember?" I nodded. "Aight, load 'em." I got up onto the table and sat with my legs crossed underneath me. I pulled the crossbow in my lap first and pulled the large strap back, then put the arrow in it's spot. I made sure my fingers were away from the trigger when I handed it to him. "This is why you're my daughter." He gave me a kiss on my cheek. "I trust you know how to do the harpoon."

I continued to sit here as Daddy went through each gun. Telling me it's name, if it was better for long or short distance- also if it good for drive bys -and how to reload it. I liked the sniper rifles he pulled out next. Those are the ones I see Dante and Darius up on the roof with.

"Can I have a pink sniper rifle when I'm older?"

"I'll tell Grandpa Sage that and he'll get you one without a problem." If Mommy could have a pink gun, so can I.

"You're so easy on her." Dante said when he came walking in. "Where's the dogs chasin' after her to get her to run?"

"They'd maul her. Y'all were different and I'm startin' her three years early. I'm not gonna push her too hard. Where's Darius?" He and I were supposed to go look for Drake today! Oh no, I forgot.