Chapter 22

Retaliated: Chapter 22

~Breezy P.O.V.~

Finishing up our night on the beach, I was ready to go home and get something to eat then head to sleep. I think we've been out here long enough, so we had gathered our things and gone back to the car, making the journey home.

Was it weird being with Isabella like this? Honestly, yes.

Hell yeah it was cool to get a kiss or two from her 'cause I'm a nigga that likes his affection, especially from a honey who'll willing give me some with no work having to be put in but the vibes coming off of her are the problem. I'd have to be a really dumb ass nigga to not pick up on all the hints she's been dropping over the course of the last couple weeks. She full on got that Breezy Affect like it was the black death and she's really aiming towards gettin' it between the sheets but no. I can't take it that far and end up with another Bonnie Anderson case... We can't have a female getting addickted again, hell no.

Not to mention that my relationship with Isabella is different than just a basic one. I've known her all my life as my cousin, even though we aren't biologically related at all. We see each other all the time, at family outings and dinners so if we did get involved sexually and then somethin' bad happen, I just feel like it would put such an awkward fold on our current relationship, which is somethin' I really don't want happening.

"So what are you doin' tomorrow?" I asked her as we walked up the driveway to my house. I think I got leftover pizza from Vonnie and I's date... I also got waffles, mac n' cheese and a burrito. Bruh, I'm eating good tonight, I need to get inside and load up the microwave to heat up my feast. I got all three races on double E-starving.

"Nothing, you?" She reciprocated following me inside and taking a seat on the couch while I went straight to the kitchen. Stripping off her jacket and laying it over the back of the couch, she turned around to face me, eagerly resting herself against the back of the couch and then watching me intently with something clearly on her mind. "How's life with a child, anyways?"

"Tomorrow... I don't know what I'm doin'. Might go visit my Mama. As far as life with a child, it's dope. Some days are more difficult than others but I'm thankful I got a great son and that his Mom is really chill." I could have easily fucked around and ended up with a bat shit crazy baby Mama who's got me balls deep in child support... Instead I got Vonnie who's loving and willing to work at what we got going on. These are just some of the little things I think about when I get spare time throughout my day. "Why? You got a secret child we don't know about and are trying to compare lives?" I asked as I put the waffles in the toaster first and now to find the burrito. She was laughing as she fell back onto the couch, settling more into the cushions.

"No secret child. Plus it wouldn't have been a secret for long due to Petty The Sipper and his nosey ways." Too true but Petty The Sipper brings out the truth. "I was just curious. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a parent. I figure it wouldn't be anything like how I have to put up with Vanessa."

"Don't do my wife like that, she good." I teased. "On some reals, it's a lot of work and responsibility. I may make it look easy but it's the shit that goes on behind closed doors when it was the three of us living together that proved stressful."

"What happened between you two?"

"Vonnie and I?" I questioned, looking up at her to see she nodded her head. "Nothing bad happened, it's just what she wants from me is somethin' I don't feel ready for. We were on different pages so we needed time apart and now we're here." I said with a shrug as I dressed the fuck out of this burrito. I loaded this with a ton of shit and neatly folded it as if this was some kind of burrito olympics. Now to heat up the mac cheese but I need more cheese drizzled and melted on top.