Chapter 21

Retaliated: Chapter 21

~The Next Morning~
~Trey P.O.V.~

If there is anything I've ever learned when it comes to being in a relationship, especially one that isn't long distance, it's just how quickly you can spark up an argument because you're constantly around your significant other. What I mean is, you tend to lose the value in your significant other because you're always right there with them and if you say you want a night to yourself their feelings get hurt and - or an instant argument.

Of all my relationships, the ones where there were less fights were the ones where I picked up the relationship without knowing too much about the person. So my relationship with Jazlyn.. Yeah there was cheating but I was never tired of her because I was always learning new things about her. Then there was Brie, yeah she's a long time friend but I hadn't hung out with her in years so it all seemed so new to me to learn what new traits she had, her likes and dislikes, etc.. My problem with Trina is I know her very very well, I love her to death and I wanna be with her but we see each other so often, especially lately, that now it's basically like we live together and I ain't ready to share my space like that.

"Why are you mad at me, T?" I asked from behind the door to her room. "I spent the night with you like you wanted, so why are you all upset?" I asked again. "Trina, I know you hear my ass. I can get loud enough to where niggas from East side could hear me asking you these questions." I'm not tryna be funny, just making the point that I can get louder if need be.

"I'm not mad, I'm just upset." She said as she opened the door and tied the knot to her robe nice and tight.

"Why though?"

"You make it sound like coming over to hang out is a task. 'I spent the night like you wanted', making it sound like I sat there begged and cried for your ass to come over and now you can cross this off your check list."

"It's not like that at all though. You asked to hang out and I did, this morning I said I was gonna go home and you started having an attitude. What was that for?" I'm just chillin' and now I wanna go back home and hang out with the twins for a little while before hitting up the trap.

"You're not getting it so just go and do what you wanna do." She said as she brushed passed me in the direction of the bathroom across the way. "We'll just talk later."

"That's what we always say but we never get around to actually talking. Our problem is we don't say shit to each other so speak up. You speak up about everything else so why not this?" Did I do something wrong? I don't know because she doesn't tell me and then I'm left feeling like shit the second I walk out the door.

"I want to spend actual time with you. I'm always working when you're off and when I'm off you're working so when we finally get a day or two when we're both off I wanna spend it with you but you always wanna do other things. It honestly doesn't even feel like we're in a relationship. We just carry around a title."

"Are you for real right now? I tried compensating for that by dropping by your work to hang out and the lounge but you got mad about that so I stopped. Instead I come by after work to hang but you're always too tired to do anything, you just wanna lay on the couch watching TV and it was fine in the beginning but now it's like why even bother if you're gonna fall asleep right away?" You say you wanna spend time with me but you end up asleep when I come over so what the fuck.

"So now it's all my fault? I'm sorry I'm working my ass off so much to pay my rent, car bullshit and bills so when I get home I'm tired."

"That's not what I mean. I know you have to work but if you're too tired, then why hang out and have me just sit on a couch watching you sleep with the TV on  in the background? We're getting off topic anyways. I've been hanging out with you nearly everyday and you're still not happy about that."