Chapter 26

Retaliated: Chapter 26

~Drake P.O.V.~

Bringing Marco back to his apartment, he was stumbling up the stairs but I had managed to get him at the door. Sitting him down, I opened the door and stepped inside to make sure no one else was inside. A quick scan proved his place was empty so I went back and grabbed Marco. Bringing him completely inside and shutting the door behind me.

"Thank you, Marco. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't know just where to go with this." He was slumped over on the couch, still clearly out of it. "I'll be back later on in the week-" I stopped when I heard the sound of footsteps walking up the steps outside his door. I got up and walked over to the window to see nothing but an empty street down below.

"Marco, wake the fuck up. I got some shit to share with you. It's Eddy." He said as he was banging on the door. "Marco! Open up!" He said louder as he knocked with more force but Marco didn't budge from the couch. I took off more into the apartment and hid in the bathroom with an ear pressed to the door. If it so happened that Eddy were to come down this way, I could make an easy escape out of the bathroom window; given that I wasn't all that high up from the ground.

He must have just given up on knocking and walked in based on the slam of the front door that rattled the walls.

"Marco? The fuck's up with you? Damn near six and you're still asleep?" I could hear him say. "Marco? Marco, what the fuck?" I opened the door just a bit to get a glimpse of him shaking Marco. "Damn whatever it is you took must be some serious shit." He continued to say. "Let me check out your meds, because I know they're not supposed to make you like this." Leaving Marco's side, he began to walk over in the direction of the bathroom and I quickly backed up, going to the window where I saw there was bars on the outside of the window.

"Fuck." I mouthed to myself as I tried to push the bars off but there wasn't a single loose bolt that proved as a weak spot. My gun isn't with me and his footsteps were right outside the door, his hand pushing it further more.

"Eddy?" Marco groaned out in a hoarse hushed tone. The door was left and Eddy was quick to leave the door of the bathroom.

"What's up with you? Ain't never heard of meds that make you sleep eighteen hours. No one prescribed you oxi so what the hell?" Marco's already on meds? Stepping away from the window, I opened the medicine cabinet and was surprised to find so many orange containers. Some empty and others that looked like they had been refilled. A few I recognized as common antidepressants but there was many more that I never even heard of... why was he taking all these? For someone who's so smart he's fucked up on a host of pills. What happens when he doesn't take these?

"I'm fine, just started something new and it didn't go well-"

"You needa see a doctor, not trying to lose your ass because you can't handle your shit. Nigga, you haven't been the same. You better hope Varo doesn't look at your odd behavior any type of way 'cause you know he won't have it. Especially after the weird shit that I heard went down at the trap earlier with Javier."

"Don't tell Varo nothing, I'm fine. I'll see my doctor tomorrow- Thing is, I don't even remember what happened today. I remember waking up yesterday morning but that's it. I don't know what I did yesterday or today." I didn't think giving him a xan would make him that out of it... interesting. "What happened at the trap?"

"Stupid shit between Lexis and Javier or whatever. Somethin' not worthwhile and they're all in their feelings or whatever. I don't think Lexis likes that Javier got him limelight for helping Joey get at Rico. Get his ass a new pair of trues and he'll be fine." Eddy said and I heard Marco chuckle a bit. "I'm gonna head over to Sage's and get him over here, just sit here and wait."