Chapter 19

[I said I would let you know of any changes and I'm keeping to my word. If you want to re-read the last two chapters you can but it was just me taking out some specific scenes. With that being said, for now I took out everything involving Christian and his return. So now Nitty is going to be running NBG while Breezy is back to being just an NBG dealer/member. The next thing that might change is Tilly Beans and her kids, I'm still debating because Tilly Beans' character just doesn't seem like she's ready for kids in this book. If there are any more changes throughout the book, I will let you know at the beginning of the chapter like I'm doing now. Thank you -Miss G.]

Retaliated: Chapter 19

~The Next Morning~
~August P.O.V.~

"Mornin' Poontang." I said when I got down the stairs and walked up to her tank. Giving her the fish food, she surfaced to the top blowing those white bubbles she always does when she's happy. "Man, even though you're just a fish, you're pretty dope. You don't make noise and all I gotta do is change the filter every once and a while and the water like once a month and you good. The Pear thinks otherwise of you but that's okay 'cause you know I won't flush you down the toilet or nothin'." I understand why Breezy is so close to M.C and Sugar Peach. Animals just grow on you after some time and you get used to 'em.

Not to mention animals aren't as confusing as people but I do like being able to talk to someone and get a response back, not just bubbles blown at me because I don't know what those bubbles translate to in terms of people words other than she happy. Anyways, I need to get something to eat before I head out to IRG's trap and find out the scoop on the twins.

"Good morning, August." I heard Paris say followed by the sound of the screen door closing behind her. "You already airing out your house this early in the morning?"

"Nah, I left the door open last night before I passed out. It's all nice and cool though so I don't really mind. Why are you here? Shouldn't you still be asleep?" I was reaching up into the cabinet above the stove to grab my cereal when I felt her arms around me in a hug. "I get some morning love, aye turn up, want some cereal too? I got all kinds."

"I had a McMuffin before I came here."

"So you think you're better than me because you had a McMuffin, now? Aight Pear. I see how you wanna do me-"

"It's nothing like that, don't even start being over dramatic. I swear all you niggas in your little family stay being so dramatic over the smallest of shit. Always blowing up things more so than they should ever be blown up to." She said through her laughter as she let me go and walked over to the table.

"I also noticed you ain't say hi to Poontang. Damn, you just mean as fuck this morning." I was going to grab a bowl but I saw what time it was and realized I don't have time to enjoy my cereal like I thought, "I gotta get going, come with me to the trap for a little while. Unless you got work?" In the fridge I had a mini gallon of milk- I don't even remember getting it but there it was and I pulled it out. Getting a knife, I cut a big enough hole around the top and poured some cereal into the mini gallon. There was only like half the milk left so there was plenty of room for the cocoa puffs. I dug around the drawer for a plastic spoon and I was ready to go.

"I can come to the trap- you're not about to bring that with you."

"Yes I am, now let's go. I'm driving." Holding the mini gallon by the handle, I was eating spoonfuls as I walked out the door. "You don't needa close the front door, just at least close the screen." Sliding into my car and starting up the engine as she came walking on over and got in the other side. "You look nice by the way."

"Gee, thanks. You're not eating and driving like that." Car's already rolling out the driveway with my hand still holding the gallon and spoon in my mouth so I'm still eating whether you like it or not. "If you get us in an accident-"