Chapter 5

Mia's POV

I was at my place hanging with Chantal and Ava. The building where we worked is renovating our floor, so we're off for the week.

"So girl, did you and Diggy get busy in your office?" She laughed eating a bowl of grapes. Ava was in between my legs playing with the ends of my hair.

"No actually, we were interrupted." I spoke looking at her.

"I feel so bad, what if that was y'all one chance to get back together?" She pouted.

"You sound foolish" I laughed looking down at my phone to answer a text.

"Who are you texting?" She asked.

"I'm texting Daniel." I replied she gasped and grabbed my phone.

"Texting or sexting?" She laughed scrolling through our conversation.

"Chantal please stop." I pleaded.

"I'm just looking." She spoke as she still scrolled. I sighed again.

"Ahhh you phone is ringing! It's a Facetime message!" She cheered, I reached over to grab it.

"Oh, it's Daniel." I replied sliding to answer. He appeared on the screen and Ava smiled.

"Dada!" He laughed and waved his hand.

"Hey A and hello miss." He spoke to me. I smiled.

"Hey Daniel, you good? You never use FaceTime." I replied.

"Uhh I'm good, I just need to tell you something" he spoke.

"Sure what is it?"

"I can't watch Ava this weekend, I'm super busy and I need to get a lot of stuff done." He said, I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, a lot of work for your tour right?" I spoke sarcastically.

"Come on Mia, don't do that."

"Do what? Tell you how messed up you sound by choosing work over you daughter." I yelled hanging up. I threw my phone on my coffee table and went back to playing with Ava.

"What the hell was that?" Chantal asked.

"What was what?" I replied.

"Why did you yell at Diggy?" She asked.

"Because he chose work over his daughter." I answered.

"Do you really think he wanted to? He's working to provide for  you and Ava, you know that work takes over sometimes." she spoke standing up.

"It's not about me right now, and where are you going?" I spoke.

"I'm going home." She responded placing the rest of the grapes on the center table and grabbing her keys.

"Come on girl stay." I pleaded.

"Nope, call Diggy to keep you company." she replied closing my door.

"Smart ass" I replied standing up. Ava kicked her feet and started to fuss.

"Calm down pretty girl, it's all good." I spoke rocking her gently.

"DADA!" she screamed, I forget that she always has an idea of what's going on. I think she knew that I was mad at Daniel.

"Dada is coming next weekend ok" I hushed kissing her forehead. She started to scream louder.

"DADA! DADA! DADA!" she yelled again, she started to move so much, I had to put her down. She stood up and ran around the place. I sighed sitting on the couch I stared at my phone.

"Don't do it Mia." I whispered to myself.

"DADA!" Ava yelled running through the hall.

"Ava please calm down!" I spoke.

"GIVE ME DADA!" She screamed.

"Dammit" I groaned picking up my phone to call Daniel.

"Are you going to hang up on me again?" Daniel answered.

"Daniel, I need your here, like now" I spoke.

"Ok, I'm on my way." he replied hanging up.

Diggy's POV

I ran out the studio to my car. I didn't ask what was wrong but because she wanted me, I went. I sped to her house which was about an hour away.

"Hey what's wrong?" I yelled walking through her door. I couldn't see her or A but I could here screaming. I walked down her hallway to her bedroom where she was sitting. Ava was jumping up and down screaming.

"Mia are you ok?" I asked. She looked at her and sighed. Ava stopped jumping and crying.

"Dada!" She yelled smiling. I walked to the bed and picked her up, she laid on my shoulder.

"Oh thank god you're here." She smiled reaching up to hug me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Yeah, I got your call. Is everything alright?" I asked, she pulled away and nodded.

"Yeah, Ava was screaming and crying for you so I just decided to call." she answered.

"Oh ok, I thought someone was really hurt." I spoke holding my chest.

"Well my ears were hurting." She replied giggling, I laughed.

"Well it's all better." I spoke rocking A.

"I'm glad you came." she spoke.

"No problem, and I need to go back to work." I spoke trying to lay Ava down, but her grip was tight on my shirt.

"No dada." she whined, I went back to holding her.

"Well it looks like I'm not going back to work today" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry." Mia responded.

"Nah, you good. I was working to much anyway." I spoke walking into the living room to sit on her couch. She followed and sat down next to me. She was in some jean shorts and a white top. Her body looked great.

"Mia, I'm sorry for getting you upset earlier. You and Ava mean the world to me, I would never put work above you guys unless I had to"

"Daniel you're fine, I'm sorry for being mean to you in the first place. You do so much for Ava and there was no reason for me to criticize you." She replied.

"Well since we're both not working today, can we hang out?" I asked, she chuckled to herself.

"Hang out? Remember how we use to "hang out"?" She smirked. When we dated every time we hung out, we had sex, good times lol.

"I didn't mean like that." I laughed.

"Unless you want to. We can call the Rosa and ask her to come in. " I added, she looked at me.

"As much as I want to, I think we shouldn't" She replied and I sighed.

"Whaat? Are you sure? I know you miss it." I chuckled.

"You don't need my lovin' Daniel, you have girls lined up for that." She replied folding her arms, you could tell she felt kinda weird about it.

"And if I did, I would still chose you over all of them." She blushed and sighed.

"Well thank you, but you never have time for me anyway." She added laying her feet on my lap.

"I'll make time for you Mia." I spoke

"No you won't"

"I swear to god I will." I pleaded. She laid there thinking to herself.

"Well maybe you should call Rosa." she spoke softly.

Mia is in the media