Chapter 8- But i like Hunter

Today Kiln, Jessie and Jacob are leaving and Im quite sad about it. I mean we use to see each other everyday and now we can only see eachother every weekend or so.

But we had such a fun weekend. After the party I got many texts from people telling me how great it was.

So today they were leaving at 1:00. I woke up at the usually time I wake up at, 8:20. I know it's really early for the weekend but I like to use the most of a day.

I hopped out of bed and went out of my room to my kitchen down the stairs to see Kiln at the counter eating cereal.

"Hey." I said going to the fridge and grabbing the milk and cereal. I pored my self some rice crispy cereal with milk and put them away. I walked to Kiln and sat beside him.

"Hey." He said as I sat down. I smiled at him and dug into my cereal. He chuckled and I shot him a glare bringing my bowl closer to me. That just caused him to roll his eyes.

"So Kelly. I know I'm leaving today but do you wanna go out?" He asked after a few minutes if silence. I choked on my food ignoring his weird looks and turned to him.

"Aren't you gay?"I asked wiping my mouth.

"I was but... I'm not so sure. I think I like girls now." He said simply. I studied him for a while until he cleared his throat.

"So do you?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh um. Well I kinda like someone right now." I said looking at my hands nervously.

"Oh. Okay." He said looking at his own hands.

Wow. This isn't awkward.

"Okay well I'm going to go to my room. See yeah." I said putting my bowl in the sink and going up the stairs.

Once I was in my room I blew out a big breath.

Kiln liked me? Wow didn't see that coming. But I like Hunter. I just wished he would ask me out. I turned to look at my clock

9:38

Wow I was in the kitchen for an hour and twenty minutes?

I walked to my phone and called my brothers.

"Hey Sis!" Yelled Blake.

"Hey Blake! Can I come to your house next weekend?" I asked biting my lip.

"Yeah of course!" He said.

"Okay. Well Im gonna spend as much time with my friends as possible before they go. Bye!" I said into my phone.

"Bye sis!" Said Blake. I hung up and dropped my phone on my bed and skipped down stairs into my living room. I watched storage wars for about two hours before Jessie came down.

"Hey!" She chirped sitting beside me. I turned to her.

"Hey! Guess what!?" I said excitedly.

"Umm. Hunter kissed you! No that happened yesterday. Umm, you died! Wait your alive. Oh oh! Your pregnant!" She yelled guessing randomly. I laughed at my best friend and how weird she was.

"Yes Jessie I'm pregnant and the father is Sponge bob square pants, and he killed me so I'm dead." I said sarcastically. She just laughed.

"Okay I give up" she said shrugging. I smiled.

"I'm going to my brothers house next weekend!" I said. She turned to me and grinned ear to ear and hugged me.

"See even though we live far apart we are still best friends." She said. I hugged her back.

"Best friends forever." I said. With out Jessie I would still be the little nerd I once was.