8. Apology breakfast.

(Edited)

I woke up with the sun in my eyes and the window bursting open filling my room with cold air and snow.

I cursed under my breath as I got up and closed it again shivering as the cold air tickled my exposed skin.

Me and Tabby chose to stay in today and eat at home as the engines in most the cars would take effort to start. Effort we didn't have.

Each day more kids have been spilling in but there still isn't many so most of them should arrive today as school starts tomorrow.

I groaned and realised I wasn't getting back to sleep anytime soon. I ripped my sheets off and dived for my pink wooly jumper that Tabby had given me as a 'friendship' present I think she gave it to me because it was ugly and she didn't want it but on the plus side it was warm.

I snuggled into the jumper and walked out into the kitchen where I smelled breakfast.

"Good morning babe," a guys voice greeted and I groaned at the sound.

I looked the guy up and down before I finally woke up a bit more and realized it was bloody Zac.

"What do you want? And call me babe again and I'll break your nose this time, I'm not an animal," I hissed which made him clutch his bruised nose. I would of laughed but I was not a morning person, and I will never be.

"I'm making you and my darling other half breakfast?" He more of asked still holding his nose.

"Whatever," I replied not caring anymore and walking into the lounge room where Tabby sat watching the Simpsons. She was the biggest kid I've ever met, but I liked her for her.

"Morning Jackie," Tabby chirped looking away from the TV and smiling at me.

"Morning," I grumbled and yawned, rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out.

"Did you see Zac? He's making breakfast for us? I was really confused," Tabby summed up looking back at the TV.

"Yeah, do you know whats up with that?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

"Something about an apology, but when he knocked on the door at seven in the morning to ask to make breakfast for us and when I saw his nose I bursted out laughing and he just scolded at me and wouldn't tell me what happened, he seemed embarrassed about it," she spoke still looking at the TV but there was laughter in her voice.

"Um...." I started rubbing the back of my neck, "I may of punched him because he kissed me."

"He what! And you what!" She shouted head snapping in my direction before she burst out laughing.

It took almost ten minutes until she had calmed down and her face was wet with tears of laughter.

"Breakfast is ready!" Zac called from the kitchen and we walked over to the table where the food sat ready.

"Why's there four plates? Who else did you invite?" I asked raising an eyebrow when I noticed four plates and four knives and forks were laid out.

"Just a friend he will be here shortly, I think you will know him," Zac shrugged.

I was to tired to argue so I sat down and munched on my pancakes which taste extremely good. And not poisonous, surprisingly.

There was a knock on the door and Tabby jumped out of her seat to get it. Later walking back with a Greek god with raven black curls and melted chocolate brown eyes. His white t-shirt showed off his defiant muscles and his jeans fit him perfectly and I just happen to be in my ugly pink jumper without a bra and my blue dove boxers. I felt so under dressed.

Jesse.

"Jesse," I grinned jumping up and jumping on him wrapping my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck, cuddling him and he cuddled me back.

"Five years I haven't seen you for and now your here, why?" I smiled into his hair talking into his ear so only he could hear. I could totally do this, I haven't seen the guy for like ever.

I could smell his scent and it was intoxicating, his earthy sent filed my nostrils and I loved it. Wait! Was I sniffing him, creepy much.

"Mum got a job nearby, anyways how have you been since I last saw you?" He asked still cuddling me. If he wasn't cuddling me back I'd feel like an idiot. Wait since when did I care what people thought about me?

"Well I did what you told me and I don't take crap from anyone," I smiled like a little kid on Christmas and I called Tabby a kid.

He laughed and his body vibrated under mine. I lifted up my gaze to look at a very smiley Tabby but a not so nice looking Zac who just looked like he.... was.... well, jealous. Only than did I realise what I had done, I had my legs hooked around him and if anyone walked in they would think I was doing something not PG rated. Over excited much.

I unhooked my legs from Jesse and climbed down still hugging him, I had a slight blush on my cheeks I could feel it on my pale skin. I reached half way up his face so when I hugged him again I snuggled into the crook of his neck.

"Guys! Breakfast is getting cold," Zac clapped pulling us out of our hug. I glared at Zac for ruining the moment and he just held his nose which caused Tabby to burst out in giggle fits again.

"Come on we better eat," he smiled at me pulling back to my seat.

I sat down and we ate our breakfast whilst chatting mainly from Tabby, Jesse and I. Because Zac just sat there glaring at all of us.

Jeez that guy got jealousy issues.

By the time breakfast was over it was around ten.

"So I'll see you around," I smiled up at Jesse burring my face into the crook of his neck once again and breathing in his earthy scent. It was like an addiction, okay I feel like a creep.

"Defiantly," he smiled back resting his chin on my head. At least he didn't pull away and make me feel like an idiot.

I pulled away from his hug and kissed him on the cheek before I went to say my goodbyes to Zac. For a second he stood there stunned until Tabby pulled him out of his daze by saying goodbye.

I smiled to myself as my lips tingled from the kiss. I felt like one of those love struck teenagers. Yep he's an addiction.

"See you Zac, thanks for breakfast and not poisoning us," I smirked at him giving him a quick hug before pulling apart and walking over to Tabby. Something didn't feel right about this but I let it slide.

Maybe I'll get it out of Zac later.

"Bye guys," Tabby waved from the door shutting it behind them.

"That. Was. Weird." She summed up looking at me.

"Defiantly," I agreed touching my still tingling lips.

Why was I acting like a love struck teenager? What was wrong with me. I growled in frustration. Did I really like Jesse. Yeah sure he was the definition of a Greek god but did I really like him. I don't have crushes and Kate's words came back and haunted me.

Geez why does life have to be so complicated.

"So how did you know Jesse?" Tabby asked grinning like a five year old on Christmas.

"Long story," I mumbled running my hand through my curls and sighing.

"I've got all day," she replied with a soft smile.

So I explain what my life used to be and how Jesse changed that I explained that whenever I was near him my insides did flips and that I didn't know what that even meant. I was devastated when he left and I didn't come out of my room for three days. He was the boy that changed it all.

My life was different when I met him.

It changed.

For the better.

<><><><>