18. Jake.

"What happened last night?" I groaned to no one in particular again as I picked myself off the cold floor.

"Finally someone's awake," Tabby grinned coming to stand in front of me.

"I can like remember only bits of last night, the rest is a blur," I frowned rubbing my temples.

"Well, you made out with Zac, Jay and a couple of other guys," Tabby smirked.

"Are you serious?" I groaned.

"Nah I think only Zac and Jay," Tabby chuckled walking around the other side of what I think us our couch.

"I swear I didn't drink that much," I yawned.

"You finished your bottle of vodka and are now known as the best upside down drinker," I heard Tabby laugh.

"Yeah... I've had practice," I smiled wincing as my lip stung.

"I remember this guy coming up and dancing with you, and you were like 'honey you ain't got enough money for this,' it was so funny the poor guy walked away all embarrassed," she chuckled handing me a tablet and glass of water.

"Thanks," I smiled taking the white pill and swallowing it.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked looking around.

"Your room, they could still walk and I wasn't carrying you, your lucky I didn't leave you in the car," Tabby muttered.

"Did I say anything regretful?" I questioned.

"Well you did go on about how much Jesse was so hot," she smiled rolling her eyes.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Well they do say a drunk persons words are a sober persons thoughts... so I'm not gonna tell you anything," she smirked.

"No fair!" I protested.

My further protest was cut off as I heard a loud knock at the door and it worsened my head ache. "Ahh.." I moaned clutching my head.

"I'll get it," Tabby said and I could tell she had rolled her eyes at me.

"Holy shit," I heard Tabby muttered.

"What is it?" I asked standing up slowly.

"I think you may of gotten into a relationship with someone," she laughed and handed me one out of fifty roses that sat at my door.

"Are you kidding me," I groaned smelling the rose Tabby had passed me.

"There's a note," Tabby frowned opening a piece of paper tied to a rose.

"What's it say?" I asked trying to glance over her shoulder.

Fifty-one roses - you said that even if I gave you fifty roses than you still wouldn't go on a date with me, so here's fifty one. Jake.

"That's so sweet," Tabby gushed.

"It is but I don't remember anyone named Jake..." I trailed off.

"If a guys this sweet than his defiantly deserves a chance," Tabby pointed out.

"But I have so much crap in my life already," I sighed.

"Precisely my point, you need a distraction," Tabby beamed.

"How am I even suppose to find him?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Well maybe there's another note.." Tabby mumbled and started searching through the '51' roses.

"Here!" Tabby smiled pleased pulling out another card.

I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to call but it occurred to me that I didn't have your number, so here's mine.

It had his number on the back of the paper, "are you going to call?" Tabby asked.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because...." she struggled to find her words so I pushed past her and into the kitchen.

"Tell me when you think of a reason," I called from the hall regretting it as my head spun an I sprinted to the bathroom throwing up the contents of my stomach.

**

"Call him!" the three girls yelled at me.

See, I had informed them on the reason why my living room was filled with roses. They had joined Tabby's side and kept telling me to call this Jake guy.

"Fine just stop yelling," I grumbled angrily and typed his digits into my phone.

"Hello?" I heard a deep husky male voice ask on the other end of the phone. It sounded familiar...

"Is Jake there?" I asked trying not to snap because of my foul mood that the pestering had put me in.

"Oi idiot, some girl's on the phone!" I heard the guy call out.

"Just give me a sec," I heard someone call back and the background noises were muffled.

"Hello?" a similar voice asked.

"Um... is this Jake?" I asked nervous all of a sudden.

"Yeah, does this happen to be the girl I met last night?" the boy chuckled.

"Apparently," I muttered.

"I guess you don't really remember much from last night," I heard him chuckle again.

"No... kinda blurry," I admitted.

"It's okay, you were really drunk and when I asked you if you needed any help you rambled on about unicorns," he laughed and I blushed.

"Yeah sorry about that," I giggled.

"Than you said that I wouldn't get a date with you," I heard him and I knew he was smirking, "can the drunk you be proven wrong?"

"Well I do owe you, for the millions of roses in my living room," I smiled.

"So thats a yes?" he asked.

"It's a yes, text me when and where," I grinned.

"Just a question.. what's your name?" he asked nervously.

"Jackie, text me Jake," I smiled hanging up.

"So what happened?" Chloe asked while all the girls stared at me with big grins on their faces.

"Nothing," I shrugged trying to play it cool.

"So why were you blushing and laughing?" Britty asked catching me out.

"Because..." I mumbled trying to hide my grin.

"Spill," Chloe ordered poking me in the ribs.

"Okay fine, his going to text me!" I smiled excitedly.

"When's the last time you went on a date?" Tabby asked.

"Truth, never have been, all me and Charles did was make out...." I frowned, even though I now really and most defiantly hate Charles, it still hurts knowing that he would do that to me. I always thought that something was up with Tilly and him though.

"Really? Is he your only boyfriend you've had?" Britty asked copying my frown and I could tell she didn't believe me.

"Yes," I sighed, "in eight grade heaps of guys asked me out but I didn't want to lead them on so I said no, in ninth grade I basically made out with a different guy each week, same in year ten, an then year eleven Charles asked me out and he was so persistent so I said yes," I explained.

"Wow, and so you've never been on a date? Like at all?" Britty asked still trying to figure out what meant.

"Yes, I've never been on a date," I grumbled.

"Okay well neither have I, have you guys?" Britty questioned.

"I have, but when I was in year eight," Chloe shrugged.

"My last date was two years ago," Tabby murmured.

"Well guys this isn't good, who goes on dates anyway?" I groaned rubbing my temples as the effect of the alcohol still hadn't gone away.

"People who have relationships," Tabby shrugged and I knew that she was still a bit sad.

"Well I'll just wing it..." I decided considering I was good at doing that.

"Fine, but you have to tell us every single detail when you get back," Chloe instructed.

"Fine," I smiled rolling my eyes.

"Can we like go for a walk or something my head is killing me and I want some fresh air," I said glancing at the clock that read it was just past twelve.

"We could go get ice cream at the park and take Lola?" Tabby suggested.

"Okay let me get changed at brush my teeth, if you girls want you can borrow some clothes," I smiled getting up slowly and walking to my room.

I pulled out some short shorts and a white printed shirt. I changed into them quickly and making my way to the bathroom to was last nights make up off again as some was still there from when I had my shower.

I brushed my teeth quickly grabbing my purse and walking around to find everyone.

I spotted the girls as they all walked out of my room wearing clothes with Lola in tow on a leash.

"Tabby you live here, why you wearing my clothes?" I asked and she grinned.

"All I had clean were jeans and its too hot for them," she shrugged.

"It's alright I was wearing your jeans the other day," I smiled cheekily.

"Come on guys lets go, I want ice cream," Britty smiled her eyes lighting up at the thought of ice cream.

"Okay," I smiled rolling my eyes and making my way to the front door.

It took us twenty minutes to walk to the park as we had to stop every time Lola found something along the path.

"Finally," I said dramatically flopping down on a park bench with everyone else.

"Okay if I don't get ice cream I'm gonna kill someone," Britty said getting up and walking to the little ice cream cart.

"Oh if it isn't the three losers and their pet mut," someone snarled and I looked behind me see the expected Kate.

"Your insults get old Kate text me when you get better ones," I rolled my eyes at her and I notice the girls basically ignoring her, but I knew they were listening.

"Oh are you still angry that I stole your boyfriend?" She laughed coldly.

"I'm surprised your not attacking me again with your 'claws of cattiness,'" I answered back not even turning around to face her.

"I'll get you back for all the shit you've done to me just wait," she growled.

"If that was all you can leave now," I said simply and I heard the click of her heels as she stormed off.

"I wonder if she actually has a life.." Chloe murmured.

"I doubt that she's to stupid in the head," I laughed.

"Guys ice cream," Britty smiled handing all of us an ice cream each.

"To a day of getting over hangovers and getting a date with some guy I can't remember," I announced putting my ice cream in the air like I was making a toast.

"Agreed," we all laughed tapping our cones together. These are the bestest friends I could ever of asked for.

<><><><>