Chapter 11

Reader-chan POV

"Holiday Holiday!! We're going on a HOLIDAY!!" the servants kept chanting over and over. I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth in irritation. I mean sure I loved them, but they're a pain in the ass sometimes!!!

Two days ago, Ciel informed everyone that we were going on "holiday," which I learned was like a vacation. Inprivate, however, Ciel and Sebastian told me that the Queen wanted Ciel to look for a spot to construct a resort and that they plan on stopping dog baiting, and we will be staying with the mayor of the village.

I rode (h/n) beside Sebastian, who drove a roofless carriage. I met Sebastian's gaze and he smiled innocently at me.

"Do you hear how happy they are sir? They're very grateful to you," said Sebastian.

"Well I couldn't leave them alone. They could've destroyed the manor," responded Ciel. I looked at the sign beside (h/n) and me, "Welcome to Houndsworth" was written on it, with a dog collar hanging from it.

"We've arrived at the village," announced Sebastian. Mey-Rin, Bard, Finny and Tanaka looked towards the so called village, but gaped when they saw a tree without any leaves, with dog collars hanging on the branches.

"AHH!" they screamed. I snickered and felt bad for them.

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention, the Queen's resort isn't built yet." said Ciel.

"Yes master," the whimpered, and looked down with a sad look on their faces.

"oh oh oh," said Tanaka. We kept traveling a bit further until we came across an old woman with a baby carriage.

"Oh look! Tanaka stop!" Finny said and hopped off the carriage.

"Let me help you," said Finny, placing his hands on top of the baby carriage.

"Finny! No! Don't!!" shrieked Mey-Rin. "If you aren't careful, you might hurt the baby!"

He lifted the carriage over his head and turned to Mey-Rin. "What did you say?"

His eyes then widened and he slammed the carriage down on the road again.

"I'm so sorry!!"

"Oh no! Is the baby okay?!" asked Mey-Rin, leaning over the carriage.

"AH!" they shrieked. I peeked inside and saw a skeleton of an animal wrapped in a blanket.

"What the..." I mumbled.

"There is no baby..." spoke the old woman. "The child was eaten by him."

Him? Who is "him"? The lady then began to walk away chanting.

"The white dog is a good dog, a good dog, good...the black dog is a bad dog, a bad dog, bad. He'll eat your flesh down to the bone..."

"Eaten? Wha?" stammered Bard.

"That's why we're here. A lot of villagers have been violently killed," spoke Ciel, looking over his shoulder at the woman disappearing into the fog behind us.

"The village has shrunk to a third of its size in the last ten years and my task is to find out why." I glanced over at Sebastian who was looking at me. I raised an eyebrow,ignoring the blush creeping up my neck and into my cheeks, and looked back at Ciel when he called my name.