Chapter 15

Reader POV

With my palm facing up, I waited until a cold little white speck fell on it. I frowned and brought my hand up to my face, once I began to inspect it, it disappeared. Well melted actually and a puddle of water replaced it.

"Something wrong, (y/n)?"

I turned around and saw Sebastian smiling at me, Ciel standing beside him with a bored expression plastered on his face.

"No...this is just odd..." I said indicating at the white substance that covered all of London and the water beneath the bridges was frozen solid, which was where we were standing on, along with many other people and their booths trying to sell different things.

"What is odd? The snow?" asked Sebastian.

"Is that what the white stuff is called?" I asked, cocking my head to the side lightly.

"Yes, you've never seen it?" I shook my head.

"We don't have this stuff behind the walls, and it's not as cold here," I added. (A/n: IDK about the weather in AOT just making it up sorry if I'm wrong.)

"Well you wouldn't be freezing if you would wear something other than that uniform and thin cloak," said Ciel as he walked ahead of us. Honestly? I wasn't freezing, I was actually pretty warm. A perk of being half titan; having blood that was really hot, so my body temperature is pretty high compared to a normal person.

"I'm suppose to wear this uniform, everywhere I go. It's also part of home," I lied, well most of it was a lie. When we had days off, we could wear regular clothes if we wanted to, but that was before all the recent chaos with the other female titan and Eren too.

"So what exactly is the point of this?" I asked, jumping slightly on the ice below my boots.

"The Frost Fair is just to have fun and merchants can make profit. It's been decades since the last one was held," responded Ciel.

I looked around, scanning the area for any possible threats, when something caught my eye. Three men were talking amongst themselves, pointing at the ice, from atop the bridge. They seemed angry.

"(Y/N)? Are you coming?" called Sebastian. I turned back to look at him and saw concern flash in his crimson eyes. I nodded and walked towards him. Once I caught up he placed his arm across my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I tensed for a moment but then eased into his warm embrace.

"Is something wrong?" he muttered under his breath.

"No, everything is fine. Just thought I saw a crack in the ice haha," I responded. He looked at me with his eyebrows raised but dropped the issue and gave my left shoulder a squeeze before letting me go. I was tempted to pull his arm back around me but i refrained.

Ciel stopped at a certain booth that contained different objects, including a toy boat. He scoffed.

"Is something amusing?" asked Sebastian.

"All of those objects are of dubious quality, especially that," he pointed at the boat with his small cane. The man in charge of the booth approached us.

"Oh hello noble man! You have a good eye. That piece is one of a kind. It was manufactured by the Funtom Toy Company years back when it was only a small craft studio."