Chapter 16

Reader-chan POV

London bridge is falling down...falling down...falling down...

I looked around, I was in some alley, and it was dark, a voice singing with the music playing from that man's music box.

"Who's there?!" I called out. Just then, that man stepped out from the beginning of the alley, singing once more.

London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, my fair lady...

My eyes fluttered open, I wasn't in the alley, I was in my room. I sat up and sighed, tucking my loose hair behind my ear. I haven't been able to get that song, or that man out of my head for some reason, and I get the feeling something is going to happen. I looked out the window and saw the sun barely rising. I got up from my bed and put on my uniform.

"Good morning Erwin, and Corporal Levi," I muttered to myself, when I put on my ring. I then heard a knock on my door. I opened it and was greeted by Sebastian.

"Good morning, (y/n)," he said. I smiled.

"Morning, Sebastian," I responded. He returned the smile, making my heart go into a frenzy.

"You do know it is the young master's birthday today?" he asked once we began walking towards the kitchen. I nodded.

"Yes, I do, but wasn't it on his birthday that..." I paused choosing my words carefully.

"Yes it was," responded Sebastian. I looked away, feeling truly sorry for Ciel. Everything was taken from him at such a young age, especially on his birthday.

"I take it his fiance will be here?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Unfortunately for us, yes she will be," I snickered, and looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"Oh she's not that bad, Sebastian," I said, looking up. Sebastian just raised his eyebrows and shook his head lightly.

"I beg to differ," he said, with a smile tugging on his lips.

A line is here, but it's invisible haha

Apparently, Lady Elizabeth did come to the manor but left less than five minutes later. Sebastian said she came while I fed the horses.

"(Y/N)!!! The young master is asking you go to his study!!" shouted Bard as he ran towards me.

"What for?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, he just asked for you," he replied. I nodded and thanked him, heading towards the study. Before I could knock on the door, Sebastian opened it for me and stepped aside, letting me walk in.

"What is it Ciel?" I asked as I approached his desk, where he was pacing in front of it.

"Elizabeth has gone missing," he said through gritted teeth. My eyes widened, but she was here not more than an hour ago.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm heading towards the last place her maid saw her, and I want you to come along," he responded, looking into my eyes. I nodded.

"Not only that, but we're going to investigate a case that is most likely tied to Elizabeth's disappearance, since there are multiple girls around Elizabeth's age that have been missing," he added. Little girls have been missing? What for? Maybe...human trafficking? But for some reason, the face of that man with the music box came into mind.