Chapter 22

Reader-chan POV

The moment his gaze locked with mine, I felt cold shivers go up my spine. I felt someone else's gaze on the side of my head but it wasn't as bad as this one. This one...terrified me.
His eyes made everyone believe he was a good guy, but I could tell he wasn't. I looked away and for some reason I thought about the piece of hardened skin from when we rescued Elizabeth. And what undertaker had said.
They know I'm here, they want to mess with my head and scare me...
I placed my emotionless mask on as the competition went began.
I was looking back and forth between Agni and Sebastian, mostly the latter though.
I tried to ignore the gaze burning on the side of my head. I knew he was watching me. And I wouldn't let him think he could control me, much less scare me.
"I say, what is that man doing?" said a stranger behind me while pointing at Sebastian, who was dumping pieces of dark stuff into the pot.
"Chocolate in curry?" whispered a woman on the sides.
"Um sir?" I asked looking at Ciel. He had apologized to me for ordering Sebastian to hurt me, and that he had snapped for not knowing what I was this entire time but he agreed to let me keep it a secret.
"What is it?"
"What exactly is chocolate?"
"You don't know what chocolate is?" His mouth was agape. I shook my head.
"Back home, we don't have the money to buy such expensive food," I explained. He nodded in understanding.
"Remind me to show you what it is." I nodded and looked at Sebastian again. Who was looking at me while cooking and smiled when he met my gaze.
Before I could return the smile, I felt burning at my throat. Like I was being strangled. I whimpered and looked down at the floor.
I gasped and made my way through the crowd, my hand covering my throat. I pushed and pushed at the never ending group of people.
Then I saw the exit a few meters away, and I sped towards it, coughing and wheezing, tears streaming down my cheeks.
The pain...it was unbearable...it was worse than when Sebastian strangled me. This was hell. It was worse than getting a limb eaten or torn off. I slumped against the wall of the building where no one was around and looked up at the sky.
When images of home appeared before my eyes.
Everyone was dead. The walls were destroyed and Titans trampled around the districts. And commander...he was...decapitated
I grunted and screamed with my mouth closed. I dug my nails into my thigh.
I can't take it anymore.
I whimpered and collapsed on the ground with my forehead against the cement.
Sebastian...please...I need you...
I sobbed onto my fist as the pain became stronger.
Until it stopped suddenly.
I breathed in the fresh air, tears still spilling down my cheeks.
Pulling out a blade from my gear I inspected my neck. It was red, as if it were burned. I gently touched it and only felt a small sting.
I closed my eyes and concentrated on healing. Two seconds later, I opened them and... The mark was still there.
One more try...nothing.
After a couple more tries, nothing happened.
"How am I going to hide this?" I whispered to myself. I pulled the flaps of my jacket up and it covered most of it.
"I guess this will have to do," I sighed, wiping my tears away and heading back inside the building.
After I stepped inside someone latched themselves to me. Finny. And the other three servants behind him, with worried expressions on their faces.
"Are you alright? We saw you running out the building and we were worried," exclaimed Finny.
"Yeah I'm okay, I just...threw up. I hate too much breakfast," I lied.
"Are you better now?" Asked Bard. I nodded.
"That's to bad. Now you won't be able to taste the curry that-" Mey-Rin was interrupted.
"(Y/n)!" shouted Sebastian as he sped down the hallway towards us. He stopped in front of me.
"Well we will give you two some space," said Finny and they went back to the young master.
"Darling. My love, are you alright?" He asked, his hands cupping my cheeks. I nodded.
"Yeah I'm okay, I just needed fresh air," I said with a fake smile on my lips. He shook his head.
"Don't lie to me. We promised each other no more secrets," he pressed. I sighed and pulled back.
"Sebastian I'm okay, honest," I said. He looked me up and down. His eyes studying my face for a few extra seconds before he sighed and nodded.
"Fine I believe you. For now let's go with the young master," he said and offered his hand. I took it and we walked back, where everyone was eating curry. He squeezed my hand before I let go.
He stood next to Ciel and the servants who were eating the curry buns that Sebastian made.
"You don't wish to eat anything, (y/n)?" asked Sebastian. I shook my head.
"No thank you."
"Sebastian?" called an unfamiliar voice. We turned and saw him. The same man from earlier.
"Would you be kind enough to get her majesty a curry bun?" he asked, a tight smile on his lips, his gaze flickering to meet mine for second before looking back at Sebastian. Effin creep.
"Certainly," bowed Sebastian, before walking away to get the food. I looked out the window beside the man, as Sebastian came back and gave the bun to the white haired man, whom gave it to the queen and took a bite while the crowd went silent waiting for her expression.
But the man talked for her.
"Her majesty says: you have created something a child can eat without the need to use utensils. In doing so, you have reinforced a necessary equality between our nation's children and its adults. For that I thank you. Well done. You have contributed to our great country sir. Her majesty is truly appreciative-"
"Don't make laugh! How you flatter yourself. Equality? the future? Easy prospects for the queen of a rich country to speculate on. But what do you know?!" She interrupted the man and flipped the table. She had a dark aura surrounding her and she spoke in the same accent Agni and Soma spoke.
A man rushed behind her and attempted to stop her from making anymore damage. But she elbowed him in the gut and sent him flying backwards.
I looked at Sebastian as if to say "are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
He nodded. Before we moved though, more people began to get that same aura.
Well crap.
To my right a man lunged towards me but with a roundhouse kick, I sent him flying to the side.
"You get the woman and I get Ciel?" I grunted while punching a woman to the ground.
"Understood," Sebastian responded and ran towards the woman with...utensils? for a weapon. I shook it away, knowing he would take care of it and rushed towards Ciel who stood in front of the queen. That was when people with the dark aura surrounded us.
"That scent...it's the scent of anger," hissed one of the men, looking at me and turned towards Ciel, "And Greed. The scent of the impure!"
I pushed Ciel out of the way as he lunged toward him and kicked the side of his face,!hearing a crack. I punched a pair of men to the sides and kicked the last few away from us.
"Ciel, it's weird don't you think? How a simple spice caused all this?" I asked. Suddenly, I heard the shouting of that woman as she rushed at the queen.
I got into my kicking stance (Annie's pose without the fists, they're to the sides) and kicked her to the side when she got closer. 
She grunted and scowled at me.
"Sebastian, your curry buns! Feed them some of your curry buns!" said Ciel behind me. Sebastian look at him and bowed before basically throwing a bun to everyone who was insane.
"The queen bids me tell you who the winner of the Royal warrant is," spoke the man behind us. After Sebastian won of course and we were waiting by the entrance the man walked towards us.
"You, soldier." Shit.
I stiffened and felt Sebastian tense up beside me.
"Her majesty wishes to thank you for defending her against that woman. And she has been watching your work closely, along with the Earl Phantomhive's" he smirked before turning on his heel and walking towards the queen.
"Sebastian?" called Agni. "Could I speak with you for a moment?"
Sebastian nodded and walked towards him.
I was staring at the back of the man. He's probably the one after Ciel, I thought, but that doesn't make sense if he's the queen's servant and praises him along with the queen.
He turned once more and looked me in the eye before winking and walking back once more.