Chapter 23

So the winner of the contest is....Breadstick_Otaku. Their art will will be posted momentarily. Their art won by one like against @jazzy_iland on IG. Congratulations to both participants. I will send a message to the winner when I begin the second book to discuss their character. Thank you all for reading, reviewing and even participating in my stupid ideas. Tbh the contest was an idea I thought of because I wanted to interact with my readers so you guys wouldn't think I was an author just writing to be the best. So I was thinking maybe you readers could ask questions in the comments for me to answer, while you guys answered the same question so we can all get to know each other XD anyway, onward with the story and love you all.
P.S. I won't update as much as I have these days since school starts tomorrow for me. I'll try at least once a week.

Reader-chan

After Sebastian stopped talking to Agni and Soma stopped sobbing on Ciel's shoulder, we all headed back to the Phantomhive manor. Sebastian asked me if I wanted to ride inside the carriage and I declined, riding next to the servants, who were driving the carriage, on (h/n).
I couldn't shake off the way that creep kept looking at me.
Apparently, his name is Ash Landers.
I sighed and brought my hand up to my throat. I poked at the mark and it didn't hurt anymore.

Time skip-reader-chan has arrived to Phantomhive manor

I helped the servants carry the luggage and store away the contents in it, ignoring Sebastian's gaze.
"(Y/n) could you unpack the last one? I'm taking this one to put it away, yes I am," said Mey-Rin. I nodded and shifted to do so, an awkward silence settling in the room as Sebastian and I unpacked.
"You're awfully quiet," said Sebastian. I shrugged my shoulders. I honestly didn't feel like giving any explanations right now. I knew that he knew I lied to him earlier.
He sighed and scooted closer to me, helping me.
"I can do this alone. I'm fine," I responded in a quiet voice. Sebastian placed his hand on top of mine forcing me to stop and he tilted my chin up.
I looked into his Crimson eyes.
"You're clearly not fine, love. Ever since you ran outed the building, you haven't been yourself," he murmured. I sighed and looked away. Worst. Mistake.
My eyes widened when my shirt was pulled down a bit by his fingers. Sebastian grip on my chin tightened just a bit.
"What is this?" he demanded.
"Um. I-uh I fell?" I tried. He glared at me but his eyes softened immediately when he pressed on the sound making me wince a bit.
"How?"
"I don't know."
"Was this because you ran out so quickly?" he demanded. I stayed quiet. He sighed and placed his hands on my shoulders.
"I need you to tell me the truth."
"Yes. It was the reason I left the building. I felt like the inside of my throat was on fire. And I couldn't stop it. I was going to tell you after it stopped but I didn't want to bother you," I explained.
"(Y/n) you're not a burden to me. On the contrary you're my first priority. I will protect you against anything, but I need you to tell me what happens to you...has it stopped hurting?" he asked, leaning down to inspect my neck. He breathed down on it making me blush lightly and shiver.
"Yes. It stopped."
"Why didn't you heal?" he asked.
"I couldn't. Watch..." I relaxed my mind and concentrated. When I felt my neck it was...smooth. Like it was before.
I furrowed my eyebrows and ran my hands on my neck constantly. It effing healed?!?
"Sebastian! I swear I couldn't heal it earlier!" I exclaimed.
"I believe you. But what I want to know was the cause of it," he said.
"I don't know. It was just so sudden. One second, I'm looking at you and the next I felt it," I explained. He looked down, deep in thought.
"Do you think it was a side effect from your...ability?" he asked, grabbing my hand and twisting my ring around my finger.
"I'm pretty sure that's not it, but there's a small chance that it was," I frowned.
"Well, in the mean time, you should go rest, we'll look into it later...are you sure you're fine now?" he asked curiously.
"Yes I'm fine, Sebastian. Stop worrying about me," I smiled and pecked his lips before putting a small suitcase in the closet in the hallway and walking towards my room while Sebastian headed towards Ciel's study.

My eyes opened to reveal a long dark hallway. A familiar hallway actually, the one I always pass back in head quarters, torches illuminating the area, silence settling over the room
At the end of it was the door to commander's office. I smiled in delight and ran towards it. Before I touched the door though, I closed my eyes for second and suddenly I felt wind around me. I opened my eyes and saw fields. Long grass was surrounding me, the sun shining, and the commander was beside me, mounted on his horse.
He caught me staring and smiles down at me. I returned the grin.
"(Y/n) you've always been like a daughter to me...but why did you abandon me? The squad? Your friends? Your family? Why were you a coward and run away?" he frowned at me. I shook my head.
"Sir! I didn't mean to! I want to go back!" I exclaimed. He shook his head.
"Why would you if you already have a man who's in love with you and you have friends who care about you? You're in a place with no Titans and you want to come back? I don't believe you," he sighed and looked away. I felt tears threaten to spill down my cheeks.
"Commander..."I tried. He didn't turn around.
"Sir?" I whispered. Nothing.
"Please listen!" I begged. No response.
"Commander! Please believe me-" I was suddenly thrown away from him and I landed on my back. I looked up and saw the colossal Titan. It had grabbed Erwin.
I tried to bite my hand and transform, but I couldn't move.
I tried screaming at him, but my mouth couldn't even move. I was frozen in place just watching as my family was getting eaten.
The Titan opened its mouth and dumped a limp Erwin inside. I shut my eyes once more and when I opened them, I saw blood. It was everywhere.
Including my cheeks, uniform and hands.
I looked at the owners of the blood and saw them.
My friends...no my family was lying on the ground limp.
No...oh please don't tell me...they can't be...
I stood up and ran towards Levi's body but tripped and fell on a pool of blood. I grunted and looked back, my body freezing.
Erwin...no...Erwin's head...it was on the ground, his eyes opened slightly with no life in them, and his body was a few feet away. I gasped and looked around.
Hange. Eren. Armin. Mikasa. Oluo. Petra. Mike. Everyone I knew...dead.
Then I lost it. I screamed. My hands flew to my hair, tugging at it and crouching down.
I felt like my throat would bleed, but I didn't care.
I deserved the pain. For not protecting my family like I promised I would.

I jolted awake when I felt a hand on my wrist. I huffed, tears spilling down my cheeks. I looked at the hand and saw Sebastian sitting beside me. His eyes full of worry.
He pulled me to his chest and I sobbed into his shirt.
"My love, I was doing my nightly routine when I heard you screaming. I rushed in and woke you up. What happened? Are you hurt?" He asked. I shook my head.
"It was a nightmare," I muttered and curled my fingers into his shirt.
"Do you wish to talk about it," he asked, running one hand over my hair soothingly while the other caressed my neck.
I pulled back and nodded.
"It was Erwin first. He asked me why I left him and the rest of my family. Why I was a coward and ran away. Then he was eaten by a Titan. Then...it got worse...everyone of my friends was dead around me...and I couldn't-" I stopped talking as I started sobbing once more. He wiped my tears away.
"Shh. It's okay. You're okay. Your family is okay. It was just a nightmare," he whispered, and pulled me to his chest. I nodded. I believed him. Everything was okay and it would be. As long as he was here, to scare away my fears and being here for me.

Phew one more chapter done. Anyways, I'll try to update when I can. Wish me luck for school, I'll need it. Love you guys XD