Chapter 8

Lexis POV

The school day was full of shocked stares and many girls looked like they wanted to kill me with their eyes.

I gripped Kaden's hand tightly and he squeezed my hand, reassuring me. I felt everyone's eyes on me. I started walking faster, pulling Kaden's hand, urging him to match my pace. When we were finally out of the school, I practically sprinted to his car. I was walking even faster before Kaden planted his feet.

"Lex, whats wrong?" He questions.

"Nothing, I just hate everyone starring at us, I just want to get out of here." I huff.

His face droops and he frowns, "What?" I ask.

"You don't like the attention," He says quietly.

"And..." I say confused.

"You will never be able to be with me if you don't like the attention. No one leaves me alone, its like every part of my life has to become theirs." He frowns.

"I...I didn't mean it like that," I stutter.

He looks at me silently, I know hes trying to hide it but I see pain in his eyes.

"Kaden," I say. "I'm still gonna be with you, I don't have as strong of a hate for people starring at us as I do feelings for you."

His face lifts a little and he gives me a crooked grin. I wrap my arms around him and pull him to me. I hook my arms over his shoulders and bury my face in his neck. He puts his face in my hair, pulling me closer.

"Don't give up on me." He whispers in my ear. His voice is laced with concern and for once in my entire life knowing Kaden, I know his feelings for me are as strong as mine are for him.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I whisper back, as I plant a kiss on his cheek.

I see someone coming towards us at a fast pace. I focus my vision on the person and realize its Oliver. My heart stops, I had completely forgotten my promise to Oliver. Oliver's face was as red as fire hydrant and I swear there was steam coming out of his ears.

I stood there frozen, my body limp.

"Lex, whats wrong?" Kaden asks as he turns around.

I watch Kaden's face go slack as he sees Oliver.

"Oliver," Kaden says cautiously raising his hands in surrender. "Please let me talk."

Oliver punches Kaden square in the jaw, the force of the punch forcing him to stumble backwards. Oliver punches Kaden again and blood spews from his nose.

Move! I'm shouting at my legs to move but they won't budge. I'm frozen like a deer in headlights.

I watch Kaden get hit again. My brother is using such force that I'm surprised Kaden isn't passed out, I think that may be Oliver's goal. I watch Oliver pull his leg back, Kaden who is now on his butt on the ground, covers his face only to get kicked hard in the ribs. Oliver pulls his leg back and kicks Kaden hard in the stomach.

"OLIVER, STOP!" I shout with such force that it's jarring to even hear the words coming out of my mouth. Tears are pouring out of my eyes, making my vision blur. I watch as Samantha rushes over and presses her lips to Oliver's, she knows it will calm him down. I watch some of his tension disappear as he grabs her waist and kisses her back.

  I rush over to Kaden, he has one hand covering his nose and the other hand around his rib cage. I hear him wheezing, hes struggling for breath. The amount of blood surrounding him is enough to make me want to faint. I looked at him horrified that my brother caused this. Blood is spewing from his nose and dripping down his hand that hes covered it with. His lip is gushing and I can already see dark bruises forming all over his face. He coughs and spits out blood on the sidewalk. I am now terrified, does he have internal injury's. Kaden's face is a ghostly pale and hes sweating profusely. I can see he's in pain by the way he grits his teeth.