Chapter 11

Lexis POV

As I drove home, my thoughts got heavier and heavier. Why was I always such a pusher? I caused a fight between us over something so stupid. God, I didn't even get an answer. I pulled into our driveway and walked to our front door, fumbling for my keys. I knew realistically I should have gone to school, especially sense I had slept over at Kaden's house. I knew Oliver was probably worried about me but, I was still mad at him and I wanted to prove a point. I opened our door and closed it quietly. Our house was silent except for the hushed whispers I heard coming from upstairs. I crept upstairs hearing the whispers get louder. I turned down my hallway and put my ear on Travis' door. Nothing... I went to Alexis' room, nothing. It had to be Oliver's room, it was the only other room on the floor, other than the bathroom. I put my ear on Oliver's door and heard him talking to a girl. The talking was a bit muffled, I couldn't make anything out. I silently walked to my room and opened my door. I walked to the very corner of my room and lay on my stomach. I put my ear to the vent that was connected from my room to Oliver's. I had found this vent through a very unfortunate experience. I was in my room one night freshman year and I heard Oliver banging some girl but, it was strangely loud. Well I moved a dresser and discovered that vent, it was very handy for eavesdropping.

"I mean how did this happen?" Oliver asked sounding defeated.

"I don't know..." Said a very familiar womens voice. Who I had identified to Samantha.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Oliver said, getting louder. "Did you lie to me Sam?" He was getting increasingly louder, which meant his frustration was growing.

"No, I didn't lie." Sam said quietly, she sounded detached from the conversation, like she wasn't there.

"Then how the hell did this happen?!" Oliver shouted. I could picture him throwing his hands in the air and then letting them fall. Oliver always talks with his hands.

"Oliver please don't yell at me." Sam said, by the way her voice wobbled I could tell she was crying.

What happend?! I wanted to scream through the vent, I had come into the conversation late and didn't know what they were so upset about. I was hoping I would know by the end of the conversation. There was silence for about a minute.

"I just don't know how this could have happen? Did the birth control and the condom fail?" Oliver said quietly.

Oh no... I thought while covering my mouth to keep a sob in.

"I guess..." She said even quieter than Oliver.

No....

I heard Oliver sit on his bed, he must have been standing.

I was clinging onto the hope that my inference had been wrong, until I heard Oliver...

"Are we really going to become parents at 18?" Oliver said so quietly I wondered how I even heard him.

"Yes." She sobbed.

"Noo...." I said through my covered mouth, "no... Oliver nooo." I felt tears coming. How could this happen to them of all people. They were both such good people and they were always so careful about sex. I couldn't stand it, I got up and flopped on my bed. My head felt like it had been submerged under water. I couldn't imagine how they felt. This was earth shattering news and I was crushed and I wasn't becoming a parent.

I walked quietly over to Oliver's room and opened the door. Oliver had his arms wrapped around Sam's waist and her face was nuzzled in his chest. They were cuddling chest to chest on his bed, I had somewhat wished I hadn't interrupted them. They looked like they were grieving together.

"What the hell are you doing here?"Oliver snarled.

"Doesn't matter, are you guys okay?" I asked, pretending to not know there situation.

"Yeah we're fine."Oliver said. Sam's face was still buried in his chest, she hadn't looked up once.

"Sam, are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"Your not very convincing." I said.

"Lexi she's fine." Oliver snapped.

"I can tell neither of you are fine, okay. I'm not stupid. What happen? I'm not leaving until someone tells me." I said.

"Well your gonna be there for a while then." Oliver sneered.

"So you admit something is wrong." I smirk.

"Dammit, Lexi!" He shouts.

"You said it not me." I said.

"Lexi, please just let us be together right now." Oliver said quietly wraping his arms completely around Sam and pulling her even closer.

"Okay.." I said quietly leaving.

I picked up my phone, "Kaden look I know your mad but I really need you right now." I said my voice wobbling from tears.

"I'm coming now." He said.

Kaden was over in minutes, "Oh my god, whats wrong?" He said looking at my tear streaked face.

"Just hold me." I said.

He wrapped his arms around me protectively and I buried my head in his chest. I felt safe in his arms, as if he could protect me from this awful news.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear. My heart skipped a beat. I pulled away, "what?" he said confused by my reaction.

"You just said you loved me!" I said astounded.

"Well are you gonna say it back? Or am I just gonna look like an idiot?" He says with a smirk.

"I love you too." I said laughing as he wrapped himself around me and kissed me.