Chapter 18

Lexis POV

           If love is a lie, it's the most beautiful lie that you will ever experience. Cause nothing makes you feel like they do. If love is a lie, then please don't ever tell me the truth. Cause nothing makes you feel like they do.

I woke up with a strong arm wrapped around my waist and a chest pressed to my back. I opened my eyes and looked over at Kaden, we were in my room. I didn't remember getting there, then again I was drunk last night. I unwrapped Kaden's arm from around my waist, careful not to wake him up.

I walked downstairs and started making breakfast. Like always, I was the first one up, so I decided to make a lot of food. I always make enough for everyone when I'm the first one awake because, that's when no one else has eaten.

An hour later, I have bacon, monkey bread, eggs, biscuits, waffles and sausage made. I grab orange juice, grape juice and milk out of the refrigerator and set it on the island along with all the food. I walk up to the second floor and knock on all 4 doors.

"Breakfast is ready!" I shout.

I walk up to the third floor and knock on everyone's door but my own.

"Breakfast is ready!" I say, laughing at my repetitiveness.

I walk into my room and jump directly on Kaden.

"Owww," he groans.

"Get your lazy ass up and out of bed." I laugh.

"Last time I checked, I carried you all the way home last night." He said, his voice husky and sexy.

"Just come downstairs, I made breakfast." I say, giving him a peck on the cheek. He gave me a smirk and rolled out of my bed.

We walked downstairs and the food had already been picked through. Oliver and Sam were seated at the island eating. I smiled at them as I grabbed a plate.

"Thank you so much for making breakfast Lexi." Sam smiled.

"Anytime," I smiled back. I loved Sam, she was a very sweet and genuine person. I couldn't have asked for someone better for my brother. You can tell Oliver adored her and the feelings weren't one sided.

After Kaden and I loaded up our plates with we went into the dinning room and sat with Travis, Saddie, Lela, Alexia, Wilbur and Hector.

"Thanks for the food Lexi." They all said in unison.

"Your welcome." I said with a smile.

We all continued to eat in silence, it was interrupted by the door bell ringing.

"Ill get it," I said, pushing my chair out and walking to the door.

When I opened the door it revealed a tall blonde boy with bright blue eyes. He was handsome and I could tell he was muscular. He stood there awkwardly.

"Umm is Saddie here?" He asked, he had a thick British accent. As if on cue, Saddie appeared behind me.

"Lex, who was at the do--" She started. "Calix what are you doing here?" She asks, breathless.

I looked at Saddie who was starring intently at the boy whose name appeared to be Calix. He smiled at her and she blushed slightly.

"Well I guess I'll be in the dinning room." I say, leaving awkwardly.

I walk around the corner and hide quietly behind it, I can faintly hear what they are saying. I know, I know, I'm an eavesdropper, okay?

"Calix what are you doing here?" Saddie says quietly.

"I needed to see you Saddie, you can't just cut me out of your life." He says, his accent is very strong. He must have lived in Europe for at least 5 years of his life, for it to be that prevalent.

"Actually, I can, I can do whatever I want." She said, her voice getting a little louder.

"I don't know why you are pushing me away, what did I do?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"Its not you, its m--" she started.

"Don't push that speech, Saddie. Its not you its me, well why is it you then?" He asked.

"I don't know, okay. There, you happy. I don't know why I push you away, especially when you have been nothing but great to me. I don't know whats wrong with me." Her voice cracked at the end and I knew she was crying by her sniffling.

"Saddie, did I scare you when I told you I loved you, I mean, I thought after almost a year of being together you would feel the same way." He whispered.

"I did feel the same way," She said.

"Did..." He said, sounding defeated."You know what it is Saddie, its not me or you, its your nature to push away anyone that could possibly care about you. I don't know why but, until you figure out that I'm not gonna hurt you, I can't be with you. You don't trust me, but I've done nothing to break your trust. I'm not your parents, okay? I'm not just gonna leave you, I will stay with you, if you let me. But the fact is, you don't want me to stay. You don't care about me enough to take a risk and possibly get your heart broken even though I will never break your heart. That sucks for me because I love you, a lot but, this is your life. This is not me choosing to leave, this is you deciding to push me away."

It just dawned on me, how much my parents never being here really effected Saddie. She has commitment issues and shes afraid of settling down, because she dosen't want someone else she cares about to leave her.

I hear the door open and Saddie's sniffles.

"Calix, wait... I love you too." She says. "Please, don't leave me."

I look around the corner and see her head pressed to his chest and his arms wrapped around her waist. He whispers something in her ear and she chuckles lightly. She lifts her head up and pushes her lips to his. His hands grip her hips and he pulls her closer, moving her lips against his.

I tip toe to the kitchen and put my lips to Oliver's ear.

"Saddie's has a boyfriend, he's here." I whisper.

"What?" He exclaims jumping out of his seat.

"Please, don't embarrass her, he's a really nice person." I say, putting my hands on his chest.

Oliver huffs (ha, ha, unintentionally pun.) but, sits back down.

Just then Saddie walks in and says, "Guys this is my boyfriend Calix."

Calix smiles lightly and wraps his hand around her waist, pulling her to his side.

Oliver looks over with eyes full of judgment and Calix gulps.

"So how old are you?" Oliver asks.

"I'm 17, almost 18." Calix says, quietly.

Oh god, all hell is about to break lose.