Chapter 21

Lexis POV

My cell phone buzzed as Kadens picture popped up on my screen.

"Hello," I said, while running my eyes.

"Oh shit, did I wake you up! I'm sorry I thought you would be awake by 12." Kadens said quickly.

"It's 12?!" I asked, exasperated.

"Yeah. Umm so, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date today?" He asked.

"Okay." I said, feeling slightly agitated.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "You sound mad at me."

"I am slightly, what's your deal? You've been distant and yesterday after you left, I spent the whole day crying thinking that you were--" I stopped myself. I didn't need my crazy conclusions causing another fight.

"That I was what? Cheating on you?" He growled though the phone.

"You haven't been there for me recently, I just felt like you have to have a reason. I don't know what that reason is." I said.

"I do have a reason, I just can't tell you." He huffed, he sounded frustrated.

"Why?" I asked.

"I just can't, can we talk on the date please?" He asked.

"Sure." I sighed.

"I'll pick you up in 1 hour okay?" He asked.

"Alright." I said, feeling defeated.

"I love you." He whispered.

"Yep." I said, before hanging up the phone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

One hour later I was dressed in a purple sundress with white sandals. My hair was curled and I did a smokey eye look with my makeup.

I went downstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. I swung our heavy oak door open and it revealed a smiling Kaden. He was dressed in khaki shorts with a blue polo and he had his Sperrys on. He had a bouquet of white roses in his hand.

"You look gorgeous as always Lexi." He said, with a hint on sadness in his voice. He handed me the roses and I thanked him before smelling them.

I went the the kitchen and put them in a vase of water.

"Shall we go?" I asked.

"Of course." He smiled. Kaden held his hand out for me and I took it, lacing my fingers with his. It felt great to have him touch me again.

We were going to clear the air tonight and talk but my suspicions were causing me to feel slightly nauseous. I would be lying if I didn't say I'm so nervous I could faint.

Kaden opens the door of his truck for me and I climb in, smiling gratefully at him as he grabs my waist and helps me in. His truck is massive, it takes all of my strength to hoist myself up into it.

Kaden walks over to his side of the car and, lumbers in.

The drive there is silent, it's starts to get awkward so I try to make small talk.

"So where are we going?" I chime.

"Sense when do I ever tell you where we are going in our dates?" He asks incredulously.

"This is true." I chuckle.

Just as we settle back into silence, Kaden pulls the keys out of the ignition, stoping the car.