Two

"You want me to marry one of your sons in a year?" You question, shocked. Yes, you love them both dearly, but you've only ever been friends with them. You've never actually done anything with them.

"Yes, and let me tell you this," he releases your hand, instead pacing in front of you. "Shall you marry Thor, you will become queen of Asgard. You will make your own rules and rule over everyone. Shall you marry Loki, you will remain the head soldier and rule under Thor."

"And if I choose to marry neither?" You question, you voice quiet.

"Then you shall be banished from my kingdom and sent to Midgard."

"I have one last question, my king," you pause, clearing your throat as you wring your hangs together nervously, your eyes glued to the ground. "Do Thor and Loki know of this?"

"They know not that you are choosing who to marry. They only know to try and win your love. They do not know that you are being forced to choose or that they are going against each other to win your love," he answers, stopping to take your hands in his. You look up to meet his gaze. He smiles softly at you before telling you to leave.

Oh, my king. If only you knew that I already love them so.

You exit the room, your footsteps echoing in the silent halls of the kingdom. You make your way towards the library, your favorite place in all of Asgard.

Shelves that cover the entirety of the walls, holding millions of stories and tales. Soft, leather couches to sit upon as you dive into a world of wonder and imagination. A husky smell that is made of dust and paper lingering, as if it's dancing in the air. Yes, the library is truly magical.

"[Y/N]," a smooth, familiar voice calls. You smile softly, turning to face the owner of said voice.

"Loki, what a pleasant surprise," you look at him, eyeing him up and down. He wears his usual suit, minus the helmet and cape. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to speak with you," he answers, stepping closer before turning towards the bookshelf. "Father has told me news."

You swallow the sudden lump in your throat, taking your eyes off of Loki and instead letting them rest on the row of books in front of you. "What news has he laid upon you?"

"I am to try and win your love," he chuckles, sticking his hand out to brush his fingers lightly across the spine of a book.

"Ah," you whisper, pulling a book off of the shelf. "And how do you plan on achieving that?"

"I know not how," he whispers, turning to look at you once again. "I just know that I must try."

He exits the room, taking a book with him. You stand still for a few moments, feeling slightly odd in the quiet atmosphere. Sighing, you hug the book you had grabbed to your chest, exiting the library behind him to head to your sleeping quarters.