Sixteen

Thor had no idea you were on Midgard when he decided to go there, let alone that you were with the Avengers. He came there to ask them for help in finding you, and that's when he heard you talking to Steve.

You stand up slowly, your eyes flickering between Thor and Loki, who stands just a bit behind Thor. Loki is glaring at Steve, who at this point has stood up as well to keep a barrier between you and the two Gods.

"What?" You stutter, still trying to figure out what they're doing here. You had been gone for nearly a month, though it was only about a week on Asgard, and they were only just now finding you- sooner than you would have liked, nonetheless.

"You were causing us no harm," Loki speaks for the first time since arriving, his gaze softening as he looks at you. "Being with you has brought us nothing but joy and happiness."

"You do not hate me for courting both of you?" You whisper, your voice wavering as your brows furrow in thought. 

"Of course not," Thor speaks, his voice soft and calm as he gives you a loving smile. "I would rather you share you than to not have you in my life at all. And, in the end, I will support your decision in whoever you choose- whether it is I, or whether it is Loki."

Tears start welling in your eyes as you look from Thor to Loki, wondering if he felt the same way. Loki gives you a small smile as he nods, confirming your thoughts that he did indeed feel the same as Thor.

"I thought you both would hate me when you found out," your voice cracks as you look down to the ground, suddenly finding it too hard to look at them. 

"We could never hate you, dear (Y/N)," Loki steps forward, placing his hand over his heart as he looks at you with admiration and love in his eyes. You look up at him, your chest painfully tight as you fight against your emotions. "We will always love you no matter what. Please, come home with us."

You shake your head, reaching out to grab Steve's arm as you begin to feel dizzy. He steadies you, pulling you into his side as he wraps his arm around you. "I cannot," you finally speak, refusing to look at either of them. "Asgard is no longer my home. My home is here now, with the Avengers."

It took everything in Thor and Loki's power to keep themselves from ripping you from Steve's grasp and dragging you forcefully home. They could see the pain in your eyes, and it only made them wish to comfort you more. 

"Then we shall remain here with you," Thor speaks up after a long silence. Loki turns to look at his brother, his eyes wide with shock at his statement. "I do not wish to return to Asgard if you are not there to greet me. I will stay here on Midgard, and I will continue to stay by your side."

"As will I," Loki agrees after a short moment, turning back to look at you with a small smile on his face. "Asgard was never my home to begin with. My place is wherever you are, Lady (Y/N), and I will gladly stay here if it means I can stay by your side."

Steve notices your conflicting thoughts as you cling to him, your eyes watering and body shaking as you stare down at the ground. Sighing heavily, he looks back towards the two brothers before speaking. "May I have a moment alone with (Y/N)?"

They hesitate before nodding, exiting the room quickly and silently. Thor leads Loki far from the room, taking him to the kitchen. He wanted to give you and Steve some privacy, but he also wanted to talk to Loki. 

Steve sits back down on the couch, pulling you down with him. You curl up into his side, closing your eyes as you try to control your many emotions. You both sit in silence for a while, neither of you knowing what to say. It's Steve who breaks the silence first.

"Are you alright?" He questions, concern laced in his voice as he looks down at you. 

You shake your head, sighing heavily. "I was not expecting them to find me so soon, let alone to want to take me back home. I honestly thought they would despise me for everything I had done."

"They love you," Steve states, a different emotion flickering in his eyes far too quickly for you to see what it is. "They're willing to share you if it means they can both still be close to you. I can tell that they're afraid of losing you, and that they'd do anything to prevent that."

You remain silent, unsure of what to say. Slowly, you pull away from Steve and sit up straight, running a hand through your hair. "They cannot stay here on Midgard- their father would never allow it. It would only cause them more problems if they stayed for me."

"I don't think they care about what their father thinks," Steve shrugs, leaving forward to place his elbows on his knees. "They came here to look for you, didn't they? They came even though you were banished to bring you back. At this point, I think their fathers rules are the least of their concerns."

Sighing, you nod in agreement. It does seem as though they did not care for Odin's rules or opinions. They were here on Midgard, after all. 

"I still do not think they should stay here on Midgard, no matter what they think. Their place is on Asgard, as princes of the throne. They cannot abandon their duties just to stay with me."

"Then we shall convince them to return to Asgard. We'll tell them that they cannot stay here, but they are welcome to visit whenever they have the time," Steve states, standing up. "I'll go get them."

You remain seated, slowly thinking over what you were to say to them. What are the chances that they will listen to you and Steve?

What are the chances of them leaving you here without them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts? Stay tuned for the next chapter to see what Thor and Loki talked about in the kitchen!

Also, a quick warning to you all- I'm considering changing the cover of the story. It will obviously still be titled Love Affairs, but I just don't want you all to freak out because it looks different. Thoughts? I don't want to change it if you guys aren't comfortable with that.