Seventeen

*Loki's POV*

I lean against the counter, feeling annoyed as Thor paces in front of me. I could tell that he was feeling impatient as he continuously murmured to himself, shaking his head as he does so. It doesn't take long until his pacing causes me to snap.

"Would you calm down!" I yell, causing Thor to jump before spinning around to scowl at me. 

"You expect me to calm down when we could very well lose her forever?" Thor growls the words, getting in my face as he stares me down. "I will not calm down until she is back at my side."

"She is not yours to claim," I hiss, standing up straight as I glare at him. 

Thor scoffs, stepping back as he begins pacing once again. "She is not yours to claim either, brother."

I keep silent as I watch him, biting my tongue to keep from angering him more. After a few more moments he stops pacing, sighing as he leans against the refrigerator. 

"Do you truly love her?" Thor's voice comes out soft as he stares down at the ground, a slight frown on his bearded face. 

"With all of my heart," I admit, a frown of my own forming. She is the only woman I have ever felt this strongly for. "Do you?"

"More than I could ever say," he runs a hand over his face before straightening up, a serious look replacing his frown. "I will fight for her, no matter what it takes. I will claim her as my own, Loki. There is nothing you can do that will stop me."

Anger flares up within me once again, words leaving my lips before I can stop them. "I have already claimed her, Thor- in a way that you will never be able to."

A dangerous gleam flashes through Thor's eyes, and before I can react he is in front of me once more. His large hand grips my shirt, yanking me off of the ground as he holds me above him. "What did you do?" The words come out strained, his voice deeper than usual. 

I smirk, a low chuckle coming from my quirked mouth. "I have taken her virtue, dear brother. She has already given me more of her love than you could ever ask for."

Thor lets out another growl as he throws me to the floor. I let out a groan as my body slams down, a small amount of pain shooting through my body for only a moment. I let out another chuckle as I stare up at him, edging him on. He comes at me once again, kneeling over me as he smashes his fist against my jaw. 

Blood fills my mouth, coating my tongue with its strong flavor. I turn my head towards him, only to have it snap to the side once again as he delivers another blow. This one lands on my cheek, the skin over my cheekbone splitting open. He is about to hit me again when he is suddenly ripped away by Steve.

"Enough!" The old soldier snaps, shoving Thor away from me. He stands between me and my brother, ready to interfere in case he tries coming for me again. "I don't know whats going on in here, but whatever it is has to stop. Killing him wont make (Y/N) feel any better."

His words seem to do the trick as Thor visibly calms down, even if its only slightly. I stand up, wiping the blood from my lip before spitting into the sink. Steve sighs, running a hand over his face before speaking again. 

"(Y/N) has come to a decision," he announces slowly, but holds his hand up once he sees us heading for the door. "But you both need to straighten up before you go out there. Loki, wash the blood off of your face. Thor, try calming down a tad bit more. I don't know what pissed you off in the first place, but whatever it is can be saved for another time."

Thor and I nod in understanding, neither of us looking at each other. Steve gives us one last glance before exiting the kitchen to return to (Y/N).

*Your POV*

You stand from your seat on the couch once Thor and Loki enter once again. You can feel the tension as you look between them, and concern fills your mind once you spot the cuts and bruises on Loki's face.

"What happened?" You question, moving towards Loki. You lift your hand to brush your fingers against his wounds, but he grips your hand with his own to stop you, shaking his head to let you know he's fine. You hesitate, but pull away nonetheless. 

"Steve has told us that you have come to a decision, Lady (Y/N)," Thor speaks, pulling your attention away from Loki. 

You nod, pulling away as you move to stand by Steve's side. "I have decided to return to Asgard and keep my promise to your father."

Steve's eyes widen at your statement, confusion evident on your face. You look to him for a moment before returning your gaze to the men in front of you. You would have to explain your change of mind to him later. 

"Thor, I would like for you to return to Asgard first to tell you father of my return. I will explain more to him once I get there. Loki, if you would not mind, I would like for you to go to my chambers and gather my belongings."

They both nod, bowing to you slightly before rushing off to do as you asked. With a sigh, you turn towards Steve once again. 

"You changed your mind," he states, his brows furrowed as he looks down at you. "Why?"

"I saw what Thor had done to Loki within the small amount of time that they were apart from me. If you had not appeared when you had, I am afraid it would have been much more serious. Loki may be a God, but he is not immortal," you take a deep breath, closing your eyes as you collect yourself. "I must return to Asgard to keep an eye on them. I am afraid that they might kill each other if I am not there to stop them. I need to protect them both from each other."

Steve nods, scratching the back of his neck as he thinks for a moment. "I guess that makes sense. I just hope that things work out for all of you and things go back to normal."

You smile, reaching up to cup his cheek gently in your hand. "As do I."

Steve reaches down, pulling you into a tight hug. It lasts a few moments before he releases you, a small smile on his face. "I'm gonna miss you. Make sure to visit every once in awhile, okay?"

"Of course, Steve," you wave to him before exiting the room and going outside. Loki stands on the lawn, your things in his hands. He smiles when he sees you, and you can't help but to smile in return.

"Ready to return home?" He questions you, wrapping his arm around your waist. 

You take one last look at the Avengers tower, taking in the sight before turning back to him. Nodding, you look up to the sky as the bridge opens and surrounds the both of you. 

You were as ready as you were ever going to be.