Eight

"(Y/N)!" You awake to the sound of someone yelling excitedly and pounding on your door. Confused, you set the book Loki gave you to the side- having fell asleep while reading it- and pull on a gown. Slowly, you move towards the door and pull it open. 

"Good morning, Thor," you greet your friend, smiling softly as he stands before you, a large smile on his bearded face. "How may I assist you?"

"Good morning lady (Y/N)!" Thor beams brightly, his eyes scanning over your body quickly before returning to your questioning gaze. "I have come with some glorious news!" 

"And what would that be?" You ask, motioning for him to enter your room before shutting the door behind him. Briskly, you move towards your bed and sit down, wrapping your robe tightly around you as he takes a seat next to you. 

"I am to return to Midgard," he announces, clasping his hands together. You couldn't help but to feel a slight tug at your heart as he tells you this, knowing that it meant you wouldn't see him for quite some time. "But that is not the best part- father has told me that you are to travel with me!"

You frown slightly, your brows furrowed as you process the news. If you were to go with him, that meant you would not be able to see Loki. Surely, this was Odin's plan to get you to favor Thor over his brother. You are pulled from your thoughts as Thor whispers your name, pulling your attention towards him. "You do not seem pleased with this information."

"I am very delighted," you reply, giving him a small smile as you place your hand atop his, which is resting on his thigh. "It just came as a shock. I have never traveled to Midgard before."

"I will gladly show you around," Thor rotates his hand, wrapping it around yours as he gives it a small squeeze. "Midgard is a beautiful planet and the people on it are rather interesting. I cannot wait to introduce you to my many friends!" 

"I cannot wait to meet them," you whisper, squeezing his hand in return before standing. "When are we to leave?"

You heart nearly drops at his answer.

"We are to leave in two hours time," Thor replies, standing next to you. He takes both of your hands in his, facing you as he stares down at you lovingly. "I am not sure how long we will be gone, but do not worry. You will not need any gowns as there are plenty of clothes there. You need only to bring your beautiful self."

You nod, trying to calm your beating heart. Two hours? That is not nearly enough time to tell Loki goodbye. Thor drags you from your thoughts once more as he places a gentle kiss to your cheek, whispering a quick goodbye before exiting your room to prepare himself for his travels. 

You watch as he leaves, anxiously wringing your hands together. How were you to tell Loki that you would be leaving with his brother for an unknown amount of time? Would you have to explain to him his fathers schemes?

Would he demand to come with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a short one! Thoughts? Please comment some ideas on romantic things you could do with either one of them!