Midgard Ending

You were banished to Midgard the day after you made your decision. Simply being unable to choose between Thor and Loki, you chose to be banished instead. Now, you find yourself at the Avengers tower with Steve and the others.

They accepted you with open arms, happy to add you to the team. You were given a room right beside Bruce's and Clint's rooms, and Natasha and Wanda took you out shopping for Midgardian clothes. 

You spent a majority of the first week settling in, and sometimes you would spar with Steve since he's the only one who can match your strength easily. The others occasionally watch you two, impressed with your skills. 

Steve and you grew very close within the short time that you've been here, having been comfortable with each other from before. You spend nearly every day with Steve, whether its training or simply laying around doing nothing.

Months pass by without you hearing from or seeing Thor and Loki. You miss them greatly, but Steve helps keep your mind off of them. You find yourself thinking about them less and less with each passing day. 

You and Steve sit in the living room, him drawing while you watch a random movie. Your legs rest on his lap as you lay across the couch, your eyes drifting to look at him every now and then. Eventually, you just decide to keep your eyes locked on him, no longer interested in the movie. 

Your eyes scan his face, taking in all of the details you never really noticed before. The way his jaw clenches and unclenches whenever he thinks, or the way his eyes light up whenever he gets an idea. His tongue swiping across his lips whenever he focuses on a certain part of his sketch. 

He looks over at you, causing you to blush and look away. You're not sure when your feelings for Steve Rogers began, but you've been noticing them a lot more lately. Your heart races when you make eye contact with him, and you think about him almost constantly. 

"Are you alright?" Steve asks you, shutting his notebook and setting it aside. His hands now rest on your bare legs, warming you instantly. 

"I'm fine," you answer him, still not looking his way. His eyes scan over you before settling on your reddened face. You're unsure of what's going through his mind as he sits there silently observing you. You peak at him slightly, growing flustered under his gaze.

Shock runs through your body as you're lifted into the air and placed to where you're straddling his lap. His blue eyes stare up at you, examining your features. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest as his breath gently caresses your skin. His hand reaches up, his thumb brushing across your jaw before his hand rests on your cheek.

He leans in, hesitating only for a short moment to give you a chance to back away before his lips press to yours. Your eyes flutter closed as you kiss him back, your hands reaching up to rest on his chest. He deepens the kiss, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you closer. Your body presses to his, your hearts beating together as you finally admit to your feelings for each other. 

You don't know when you fell for him, but you're glad you did. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Were any of you expecting this ending? How many of you would've chosen it?